Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Really Knows the Wiper Switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFix
I was trying to replace the windshield washer hoses that connect to the wiper switch, and this small priece fell out of the switch assembly when I was taking a washer hose off. I didn't see where it came from, so don't know where it goes. Anybody out there know the intimate details of the switch assembly. Additional switch photos to follow.

Thanks!
ChrisFix
Wiper switch side of switch assembly...
ChrisFix
Overall side view of assembly...
ChrisFix
Front of assembly...
ChrisFix
Some more trial and error and I found where it goes. Here is a pic just incase anyone else ever has the same problem. It provides ground to the column.
markb
Thanks! I've got one sitting on my toolbox from pulling a switch apart last week. Now I can put it back in. biggrin.gif
ChrisFix
I'm glad that someone else good use that info. In case it isn't clear from the photo, the connector sits just above the opening on the left side of the assembly (where the washer tubes connect). The upper left screw (one of the four skinny ones that hold the assembly in) passes through the hole of the connector to keep in in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.