Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT! Took some pics for you guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
fiid
I've heard people say that sports suspension on the ELise (and 23mm torsion bars on the 914) are unbearably stiff on the street. I have to say the 914 is really nice with the stiff suspension.

It took me a long time to talk Rich @ HPH around to setting me up with really stiff stuff.

In my car with 175lb rears and 23mm front bars (and with mueller's bearings) I thought that Sears point raceway (here in cal) is smooth, which I found out later is not at all the case. That's got to be good.

Glad you like the car man. If I could justify it to myself I'd buy one today. I'm really interested in how you feel about the two when you have the 914 done.

Qarl
Fiid... glad to hear about YOUR suspension setup. Those are the same parts I have for the 914... Mueller bearings, 23mm front bar, 175 rear springs...

What shocks are you running?

SpecialK
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 12 2005, 03:05 PM)

Oh, speaking of length.... my penis vanished around 3:15 pm ohmy.gif

Hmmmm....very strange coincidence! idea.gif Mine actually grew at 3:16 pm!

Sweet car Qarl aktion035.gif .......why don't you pull that Lotus out of the way so we can see it better! w00t.gif
fiid
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 13 2005, 09:05 AM)
Fiid... glad to hear about YOUR suspension setup. Those are the same parts I have for the 914... Mueller bearings, 23mm front bar, 175 rear springs...

What shocks are you running?

Oh yes. Shocks... GRRR.

Well - I was running Koni Yellows all around (and liked them a lot). But they fronts are 914 shocks and I changed to 5-lug - so now I have a Bilstein front end. I think I need a set of Boge front strut casings and adapters (I need 3.5" caliper spacing too) to get back to my Koni setup.

neo914-6
I think I need a set of Boge front strut casings and adapters (I need 3.5" caliper spacing too) to get back to my Koni setup.

Fiid, That's what I have for my adj Konis. There was an adapter I bought from Automotion many years ago and when Brad worked on my car he had to modify or shim something on it.

The looks of the Elise are definitely different. It takes an enthusiast to appreciate it... much like the ugly duckling Porsche... the 914.

Karl, I wouldn't call the 914 ugly duckling (although I am "enhancing" the design on Neo914). laugh.gif I think the Elise styling is appropriately distinct and is much more daring than Lotus' bland 90's Elan. I owned and liked the styling of a TC Europa which many think were "ugly".

Have fun with it and share more...
Qarl
user posted image

It used to be THIS long.... until he got his Elise....

ein 6er
frankly, i don't see the comparison ........................ on jack stands, not on jack stands ...... on jack stands, not on jack stands ....... confused24.gif

glad you finally got it though!!! maybe they should include one of those swedish pumps as standard equipment. laugh.gif
spare time toys
I love the color and would paint the Banana that way ...But I like my penis just the way it is unsure.gif
jgiroux67
I love the looks of the Elise. I used to think they looked better than 914s until i saw that picture. A gt flared 914 looks so much better. Now only if I could have one in new condition with 200hp.

Damn it, I have to stop dreaming about nicer cars. It's depressing me.
Jeroen
wow Karl, the Elise looks ... well, just drooley.gif
congrats!

have to agree with the others... since the 914 has to be repainted anyway, do it in the same color as the Elise. Would be very cool IMO

BTW, Discovery had a very cool 3 hour documentary on the Elise, very indepth and detailed how the whole car sprung to life (all the different design / manufactering stages). You should try to get a copy somewhere...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.