Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New part for 914 rubber - Door air vents with filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Harpo
Would the plastic vent cap inside the door jam (above the striker) be a good new part for Mark? I have been unsuccessful locating any new ones of these.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Can be done. I noticed the ones I have have some cracks. Could easily do the "air filter" part too.
Only a matter of demand.
SirAndy
I'll take 2 sets please ...
biggrin.gif
dudzy's914
I have needed these! Anyone selling them want a fortune for them hissyfit.gif
Dion
I'm in for a pair.
Mikey914
I can't see the part itself being that expensive, just need to spread the tooling cost out. My guestimate $12 a pop ish.
BeatNavy
Thanks Mark. I will definitely take 2. Not because I really need them or even know what purpose they're supposed to serve. But because every now and then it's nice to receive something from 914Rubber that takes 10 seconds to install and get the satisfaction of having done something to improve your teener that day, however trivial.

Small, quick wins, baby.
clapeza
Yes, please!! I'm in for a pair.

Chester
Harpo
That is great news Mark,

How many pairs do we need to get the $12 price?

David
dudzy's914
AA wants $55 for just ONE WTF.gif screwy.gif
JoeD
Mine are brittle and oversprayed. I'll take a pair for sure if you do them Mark!
EdwardBlume
I'll take 2 sets. Why not?
type2man
Yes!
db9146
1 pair please...
Zimms
I am in for 4
rmdinmd
a set for me too
wndsnd
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 2 2015, 02:33 PM) *

Can be done. I noticed the ones I have have some cracks. Could easily do the "air filter" part too.
Only a matter of demand.

I demand a pair ... biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Well looks like this thing may have some legs. I can start the process to get it rolling next week. It's about 6-8 weeks. To even be close to breakeven I need to sell over 100 pairs, but I do believe these should be made looking at the 4 cars I have I found only one good part. so there's 7 I personally need.

As you all know, I don't just do this for the money, and in the long run I think these will pencil out.

So, who else needs them?
bigkensteele
I can send you a set and buy a set.
pete000
I think there is demand for anything made of plastic or rubber on a 914 !
restore2seater
I'm in for a set.
turk22
I'd take a set!
StratPlayer
1 set here..
Rob-O
I'm in for one set. Unless URO hijacks this thread to tell us about their part and how it's cheaper and available now. In which case I'll take two sets from 914Rubber.

And just in case you missed my sarcasm, URO doesn't make this part...
bperry
I would take a set.
porschetub
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Dec 3 2015, 08:49 AM) *

I have needed these! Anyone selling them want a fortune for them hissyfit.gif

Yes why? do they fall out and get lost ,break and fall apart.....whatever we need them for what they do or don't do biggrin.gif .
jeffzm
Funny this is a thread now. I was just checking how bad that piece looked cracked and overs prayed.

I am in for a pair.
GermermanCarGuy
I'd take a pair.
barebrad
I'm in for a set as well...
bozo914
A pair for me

piratenanner.gif WTF.gif
Sleepin
Couldn't this one be 3D printed?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 4 2015, 08:35 AM) *

Yes, but the quality of the part will not be as good as the molded part, and price would be the same or more.
Sleepin
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 4 2015, 09:57 AM) *

Yes, but the quality of the part will not be as good as the molded part, and price would be the same or more.

Cool, you are the expert Mark! Just an idea seems it is a non-moving part. biggrin.gif
worn
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Dec 4 2015, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 4 2015, 09:57 AM) *

Cool, you are the expert Mark! Just an idea seems it is a non-moving part. biggrin.gif

You know that Mark guy cannot be trusted to slow down your project. I had a little glitch, informed him, and suddenly I am getting shipping notices with many covering emails! See, the thing is that it is possible that I will complete my build in January or February. If so it would be Mark's fault hissyfit.gif . Brad Meyer hasn't helped delay things either - he sent something before right away. So even 914ltd is in on the conspiracy. I could blame others as well.

Why is this a problem? The roads will be so covered with salt and slush and ice I won't be able to see if it works till months later! headbang.gif

Those world vendors...are pretty great.
jor
Dumb question by newbie: what's the purpose of these plastic grates? They seem too cagey to act like a filter and mine were constantly falling out until I just removed them and stored them in the glovebox. Did I just highjack a thread? ph34r.gif
Sleepin
jor, they vent the cabin pressure when you close the door.
jor
Thanks!
ntmatter
QUOTE(JoeD @ Dec 2 2015, 04:50 PM) *

Mine are brittle and oversprayed. I'll take a pair for sure if you do them Mark!

Ditto. This almost seems like something that could be 3D Printed?
Chaznaster
I am in for a pair, too ...
71914-4
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 2 2015, 09:20 PM) *

Well looks like this thing may have some legs. I can start the process to get it rolling next week. It's about 6-8 weeks. To even be close to breakeven I need to sell over 100 pairs, but I do believe these should be made looking at the 4 cars I have I found only one good part. so there's 7 I personally need.

As you all know, I don't just do this for the money, and in the long run I think these will pencil out.

So, who else needs them?

I need a pair as well.
Lucky9146
Funny never looked at this part. One is good the other is toast I will need just one.
Thanks!
Mikey914
QUOTE(ntmatter @ Dec 4 2015, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(JoeD @ Dec 2 2015, 04:50 PM) *

Ditto. This almost seems like something that could be 3D Printed?

Again, could be printed, but the quality of the part would not be as good. Most of the cost is in the tooling and going long on it. It will be a better part, and finish will be like OEM. Price will be less over the long run.
RAX914
I'd be in for a set!
Ian Stott
I will take a set, mine had a piece of sponge in there, what was that for?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Bossman
Put me down for three sets. Old ones look very poor when reinstalled over fresh paint.
kid914
Mine are missing?? confused24.gif in for a set
beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
I'm in for two when available / thanks

forrest

beerchug.gif
RIRestorations
I am in for a pair as well.

Thank you
JamesM
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Dec 5 2015, 04:41 AM) *

I will take a set, mine had a piece of sponge in there, what was that for?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

thats normal, it keeps dirt out

These are at the least cracked in just about every car i come across. I could use a couple sets.
messix
1 set for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.