Pages: 1, 2
TheCabinetmaker
We were buttoning up Tims motor today.
TheCabinetmaker
When this showed up
spare time toys
every one should have a forklift to work off of biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
She was malnurished and skinny, but seemed at home.
TheCabinetmaker
She only moved on three legs
scotty914
teener, is great because she came to see a teener
JoeSharp
If she likes rust keep her around.
biggrin.gif Joe
scotty b
sad.gif Looks like a pretty ugly abcess on her rear thigh? Anything broken? One thing that pisses me off to no end is to see a dog or any animal that has been mistreated like that mad.gif Skinny,hurt,tail tucked,some bastard needs to be starved and beaten for that. Hopefully she has a new home where she will be cared for biggrin.gif Call her...Cammie in honor of the glorious camshaft!! mueba.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Heres why she only uses three legs
Qarl
A dog like that will probably be the most loving and appreciative dog you can find...

Take good care of her...

Name her... umm...

Lola

TheCabinetmaker
She was obviously abused. Looks like she was mauled when a very small puppy and never treated by a vet. She can't put any weight on the leg, but gets around fairly well. I think she was probably used as "bait". I haven't had a dog in almost 20 years, and really didn't want one, but, this girl has stole my heart. When I went to get dinner tonight, I opened the door on the teen, and she jumped right in and curled up in the floor. She can hang around my shop as long as she wants, and when she decides to move on, I hope she has a better life than when she came to me. Help me name her.

Thanks, Curt
Joe Bob
Sweetie.....

Same name you used in your youth when ya woke and couldn't remember much....except for the good parts.... cool_shades.gif
teenrookie
Scott's right; Teener is great for a p-dog.
TheCabinetmaker
MIke, when I woke in my youth, it was called a wet dream and I do remember it all!!!! rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
I like Cammie or Honey. She's a wonderful loving dog you can tell. If you show her some attension she'll die for you. What a heart breaker.

I have not had a dog in 18 years either. Our last was an Airdale named Butch. He had a funny little patch of hair on his head that looked like a Butch haircut. We sent him to a farm while we were moving from one home to another. He was hit by a car and died.

Did anyone see the Monster Garage episode with the Rat Rod Build in New York? Jessie found a puppy with a deformed leg. She Died while the vet was preforming surgury to attempt to fix it. Very sad.
Aaron Cox
i dig cammie.....

my uncle had a stooge named lug nut cool.gif
redshift
I call her lucky for finding you. That's a nice looking doggy.

I refuse to name anything without a prize dangling over my head.

rolleyes.gif

M
Joe Bob
wing nut....
Midtowner
Could be a Rhodesian Ridgeback. This breed is known for fragile suspension especially the rear leg joints but sometime the front too. My brother has one and had to replace one rear joint that cost similar to a Jake Raby motor. Just guessing but perhaps this explains some of the markings. huh.gif
Meredith
Since you were "buttoning up" a motor, call her Button. She is cute as a button, after all. Yeah yeah, I know that was cheesy. rolleyes.gif

She looks at least part Pit Bull. Big head, wide jaws, thick neck. Once she fills out, she could be a stocky little thing!

Thank you for tossing a little food her way. You're doing a good thing.

-Mer
Lou W
Call her "Lucky", she's lucky she found you. cool.gif
Hawktel
I'd call her Dog. In honor of the Duke!
rhodyguy
a big bag of food and someone who says "good girl" with a pat on the head is not what it takes to get a dog to "move on" biggrin.gif . you might as well put down a blanket in the garage and drop a few bucks at the vet's. i think you are owned by a new dog.

k
rick 918-S
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 13 2005, 06:01 AM)
a big bag of food and someone who says "good girl" with a pat on the head is not what it takes to get a dog to "move on" biggrin.gif . you might as well put down a blanket in the garage and drop a few bucks at the vet's. i think you are owned by a new dog.

k

Ya, looks like she picked a new owner.
Spoke
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 12 2005, 11:44 PM)
Call her "Lucky", she's lucky she found you. cool.gif

agree.gif
TheCabinetmaker
If I was a carb guy, I'd call her Weber. Hmm, maybe Bosch.
Lucky was a thought too.
She's rust colored, but we already have a Rusty here.
She actually answers to Honey,
If I were a biker, maybe three wheeler.
Cammie could work, or maybe 2liter.

Miles, you ain't getting no prize!!! laugh.gif

JoeSharp
I like Rusty. May she be the only rust in your car. biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. We already named a cat Lucky.
seanery
fuchs or fuchsy lady! laugh.gif

I'm serious. biggrin.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Mar 12 2005, 10:26 PM)
Could be a Rhodesian Ridgeback. This breed is known for fragile suspension especially the rear leg joints but sometime the front too. My brother has one and had to replace one rear joint that cost similar to a Jake Raby motor. Just guessing but perhaps this explains some of the markings. huh.gif

agree.gif

I thought she was a ridgeback too. She seems to have some of the markings and the same coat.

I may not be spelling this right, but Shatzi (pronounced: shot-see - well sort of) means sweetie or sweetheart in German. I grew up with a German Shepherd with that name. Seeing as she likes German cars, it may be a fitting name.

Good luck with her.
tat2dphreak
if she already answers to "honey" then that seems best!
I was going to say "molly" (spell it "mahle", though)

she's lucky to have a good owner now!!

and now someone else that can ride shotgun in the teener!

Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif Sounds like the consensus is Honey!
Beautiful dog!

Lisa clap.gif
Rusty
Great looking dog. You've got my respect for taking her in. clap.gif

I kind of like Mahle. That's pretty cool. cool.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
xsboost90
my buddy had a three leged cat named lucky....or you could name her posha...
Randal
She's definitely a Ridgeback.

They are simply great dogs and will become part of your family, just about instantly. They are wonderful around people and kids, but watch out if anyone, they don't know, makes a sudden move toward one of your kids as they will protect your family.

Whatever loving you give a Ridgeback will be returned 10 fold.

She looks to me like an Amy.

Qarl
I'll put in another vote in for Mahle (sounds like Molly).

I still like my original suggestion of Lola too.

I say keep her.. feed her and she'll be yours forever.

She has the sweetest face. You can tell she's a girl.
TROJANMAN
name her after a genuine porsche part:

RUSTY
cardiaceagle
it's too bad "Trike" could be used...
TheCabinetmaker
Well, thanks for all the suggestions. I have made a decision. Even though my favorite wheel is the Pedrini, her name is now Mahle. I've already had to remember to keep the toilet lid down, and the trash put up. lol2.gif

BTW, I looked at some pics of the ridgeback, but I don't think thats what she is. I think the bony spine is just from malnutrition. We'll see after she gets fattened a bit.
rick 918-S
If her ears were cropped I'd say Boxer. On second look maybe not. Mahle is a good choice.
TheCabinetmaker
Been almost a month. She's still here, and doing great. Gained about 10 pounds, ribs and backbone are gone. She's turned out to be a fantastic dog. Very loving, and faithful. Looks like she's gonna keep me around.
teenrookie
clap.gif She looks much better, much more filled out.

Congratulations!!
SirAndy
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Mar 12 2005, 07:52 PM)
When this showed up

i still vote for "Rusty" ...

she got the right color!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: Mahle(n) means "to grind up" ... unsure.gif
scotty b
Thats great to see. How's the leg?This guy showed up two weeks ago and never left.He has been christend Logan.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Apr 5 2005, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Mar 12 2005, 07:52 PM)
When this showed up

i still vote for "Rusty" ...

she got the right color!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: Mahle(n) means "to grind up" ... unsure.gif

In that case, the name fits perfectly. She can grind up a 1"X 2"X 6" chunk of red oak into very small splinters.

Scotty, Logan looks like a good find. Ain't it great to be adopted by an animal? wink.gif

fiid
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 5 2005, 03:23 PM)
Thats great to see. How's the leg?This guy showed up two weeks ago and never left.He has been christend Logan.

Do you call your back yard "Logan's Run".... boldblue.gif boldblue.gif chairfall.gif

Congrats. We got our dog "Sunshine" (name is POs fault) from Beagle Rescue about 2 years ago and haven't looked back since.

l8r.

Fiid.
aircooledboy
Curt, I missed this thread up until today. Let me be the 91st guy to say bless you for taking that little sweetie in. smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif pray.gif

When Charles N. rescued that cat, I and many others ponied up a few sheckles for the good deed, and I don't even really like cats. Dogs on the other hand, WHOA NELLY, whole different deal. wub.gif Mahle looks like she could benefit from some advanced vet care. Let me be the 1st to say, if you decide to do that, and the price tag to give her what she needs is a little steep, post a paypal address, and I (and I suspect many others) will send her some $ faster than you can say "corrective surgery."

aktion035.gif
SpecialK
Name her "Miss"......since she's only running on 3! cool_shades.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Wow Chris. Thanks for that awesome offer. She has already been to the vet and got a clean bill of health except for the limited use of the right front knee. The damage was from a long time ago and is only repairable with a complete knee replacement. The cost would run into the thousands with no gaurantees. Once again, thanks for that great offer.
aircooledboy
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 5 2005, 07:45 PM)
The cost would run into the thousands with no gaurantees.

Well, if she's getting around with no ill effects, it might not be worth the risk. Our last Dobie to go to the big park in the sky had a bad hind knee for years, and he was happy as a clam. The idea of risking his life for a potential improvement never made sense to us, so we never did it. wub.gif
On the other hand, if at some later point you decide it needs to be done, let us know. My offer will always stand. beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
And that folks, is why this board rocks. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.