Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch Dist. for 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
Can I use a Bosch 0231-159-006 in a 914-6 stock engine? Does the curve need to be modified? Need to end Marelli madness!

Thanks
Gustl
sorry, I only have it in German ...

Click to view attachment

Zündverteiler = Distributor

Drehzahl-Abschaltung = rev. limiter

Luke M
What engine are you running a factory 2.0 ?

I have a Marelli distributor that came out of my 6.
I know parts are getting harder to find for them.
If you want to stick with the Marelli let me know as it's for sale.
Send me a pm if that interests you.

Here's a chart if it helps you.
Peashooter
If it fits you can use it, but I would have it re-curved to match the specs of the current engine.
porschetub
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Dec 4 2015, 04:52 AM) *

Can I use a Bosch 0231-159-006 in a 914-6 stock engine? Does the curve need to be modified? Need to end Marelli madness!

Thanks

Whats the marelli madness,hope I haven't got that to look forward to confused24.gif .
I was lead to believe any of Bosch distributers use on the carbed T models will work,even the early cast iron one will work as long as it wasn't from the S motor.
Do the Webers have provision to deliver vacuum to the distributor?.
Hope you find the right one as they are getting expensive and hard to find,you would certainly need to make sure whatever you buy is in good working condition.
mskala
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Dec 3 2015, 10:52 AM) *

Thanks

I don't have the curves handy, but you should be able to see from searching the
Pelican 911 tech board. Curve is different, max advance is different (30 vs. 35), heads are way different, cams are way different.

I'm not sure what your goal is. Buying or modifying a Bosch dist will be at least
$500. You could find a bunch of working marelli parts cheaper than that and if you're
not driving 10000 mi/year you should not have to work hard or spend much to keep
it going.
porschetub
QUOTE(mskala @ Dec 4 2015, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Dec 3 2015, 10:52 AM) *

Thanks

I don't have the curves handy, but you should be able to see from searching the
Pelican 911 tech board. Curve is different, max advance is different (30 vs. 35), heads are way different, cams are way different.

I'm not sure what your goal is. Buying or modifying a Bosch dist will be at least
$500. You could find a bunch of working marelli parts cheaper than that and if you're
not driving 10000 mi/year you should not have to work hard or spend much to keep
it going.

Good points and agree.gif ,you can get caps for them now,points are cake and pertronix make a unit,people also overhaul them.
Theres not a lot to go wrong with these distributors as there is pretty much nothing to them,I note there are still a lot of 911 guys still using them.
The chart provided indicates there isn't much choice infact it basically shows the 911T 2.0 as being the only choice without recurving,this are hard to find @ a reasonable price besides.
Theres a guy on the bird username fishcop,he had a company in Australia modify an early BMW six one to good result but the cost was up there.

Mark Henry
Or you could go crankfire using a Megajolt jr, MegaSquirt running ignition only or the CE unit.
Then you can change the curve to whatever you like.
Mark Henry
I don't know if this is a good source or price but :
https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/megajolte/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PaL3yDuX8Y
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.