Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 1972 3 port fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tmaney
Looking for some help in getting my car back on the road, have determined that my fuel pump has failed and wanted to keep it stock. I have a 1972 914 with factory d-jet fuel injection. Would prefer a rebuilt unit or some ones tested spare. Thanks.
mepstein
Make sure you put some power to your pump to check it. I thought mine had failed but it ran when we put power to it. Replaced the relay board and car ran again.
tmaney
Thanks I checked all relays and fuses and replaced the board with a new one, which was in much better shape than the one I had in the car. I have recently replaced the gas tank and am guessing some debris has caused the pump to fail...
McMark
Look closely at the pump electrical connector and you'll see a + and - embossed into the body near the plug. Use some generic wire and spade connectors to make jumper wires. Touch them to the battery and see if it pumps. You CAN and SHOULD connect them backwards as well. This just spins the pump backwards and can help dislodge things. Make sure you have a good fuel filter inline after the pump.

If you still need to replace your pump, contact Fuel Injection Corp. They rebuild the stock pumps.
tmaney
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 8 2015, 05:09 AM) *

Look closely at the pump electrical connector and you'll see a + and - embossed into the body near the plug. Use some generic wire and spade connectors to make jumper wires. Touch them to the battery and see if it pumps. You CAN and SHOULD connect them backwards as well. This just spins the pump backwards and can help dislodge things. Make sure you have a good fuel filter inline after the pump.

If you still need to replace your pump, contact Fuel Injection Corp. They rebuild the stock pumps.

Thank you very much for your comments, will check it again and let you know. Best, Tim
tmaney
Checked wiring again this weekend, applied 12v to both connections and the pump is still seized. I need a new pump or to have this one rebuilt.
mepstein
I have a spare. Pm me your address and I'll send you a pump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.