Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.8 Type IV Auto-X Killer SOLD SOLD SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Bobby Smith
This 914 was for sale a few years ago and the post got over 16,000 views and went to 4 pages. It's a bit overwhelming so I thought I'd start over. I'm having a weak moment and want to "test the waters" for a potential buyer. Looking at $15K.
The original post and comments are here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=114227

73 914/4 2.8 liter.
FTD Winner 2008 Porsche Parade Charlotte NC

Engine built by FAT Performance with the absolute best components that money can buy.
Cost $10,445
Broken in on Dyno
Dyno sheet: 194 HP at 6,000 RPM and 215 ft lbs Torque from 3,500-5,000. (*note: has 200 ft lbs at 3,000*)
Specs:
2755cc
Okrasa billet crank
Carillo Rods
J&E pistons and cyls.
44 IDF dual webers
10:1 C/R
Header system with Supertrapp and open setup
No oil leaks
MSD ignition system with soft touch rev limit/Autometer tach
Lightweight flywheel with Hi performance Kenedy clutch pack
Twin oil coolers and thermostat
Deep sump oil trap
High Torque starter
Heads are fresh

Trans: Original 914 transmission with Renegade 914 axle/CV joint upgrade (good for 500 HP)
Custom Transmission with airport gears available as option (will discuss price)

Suspension:
Adj Sport Koni's all 4 corners
Rear Adj spring coil overs with 175 lbs Hypercoils/Recently have been using JRZ rear shocks and Eibach springs
Front 22mm torsion bars
Addco anti-sway bars with delrin bushings
Turbo Tie rod ends
Rack spacers
Performance 4 wheel alignment

Fiber glass Hood, trunk, bumpers, flairs
Weighs 1650 lbs wet
Spun Aluminum fuel tank
New 19mm Master Cyl.
BMW front calipers
Front 914 calipers mounted on rear
stock rotors
Proportioning valve
Lightweight Centerline Racing wheels 10x15 with Hoosier slicks
Auto Power bolt in roll hoop with cross brace
Simpson 5 point belt system
Custom made tonnau cover for transporting in inclement weather
Battery disconnect switch
Battery located in passenger floor
19mm Master Cyl
New Avon slicks with only a hand full of runs on them.

I have owned this 914 since 1982. I am sure there is more that I have forgotten. She's well sorted and ready to take you to your first FTD.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I would be happy to provide technical assistance after the sale if needed. This is my Baby and she has brought much joy over the years.
Bobby Smith
757 463-7294
First Settlers Region/Porsche Club of America
VA Beach VA
Click to view attachment
Bobby Smith
I had some nice conversations about my car with potential buyers. She's not sold yet though.
Jetsetsurfshop
I'm trying to ignore this post. looks like quite a track car. Do I need another car...?
driving.gif
Bobby Smith
Santa needs a Hot Rod.
green_chile
Cool car...well sorted, seasoned and experienced. Any videos of it in action?
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(green_chile @ Dec 17 2015, 03:36 PM) *

Cool car...well sorted, seasoned and experienced. Any videos of it in action?

Sorry, no videos. Thanks for the compliments. All true agree.gif
Bobby Smith
Auto-x season is right around the corner. Make plans now to start taking your share of FTD's. smilie_pokal.gif
Bobby Smith
Engine photo. Obviously it's installed.
Bobby Smith
I realize this is a specialized 914 and the "target buyers group" is narrow. That being said, it's a smokin deal at $15K. Any thoughts from this 914 group on a price point? I may regret asking popcorn[1].gif
Just curious what the masses think. I spend a lot of time on the Early S Registry and Pelican and have come to know that many folks here are on the....lets say thrifty side.
Cheers.
matthepcat
I think the price is right.

unfortunately a majority of drivers want to race and drive their car on the street in between. I think this is your main issue.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 8 2016, 07:08 PM) *

I think the price is right.

unfortunately a majority of drivers want to race and drive their car on the street in between. I think this is your main issue.

Yes, I get it but this is a dedicated FTD machine. NO street driven car could ever beat this 914. I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. Thanks for your comment.
Bobby Smith
SOLD!!!!!!!
URY914
Tell us more!
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 20 2016, 03:04 PM) *

Tell us more!

Don't know what more to tell. Going to a guy in CT. She will be missed. Well over 100 FTD's and countless class wins over the years.
Jetsetsurfshop
I bet your missing her already.
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jan 24 2016, 10:03 AM) *

I bet your missing her already.

There's no doubt that it will be an emotional experience when it loaded up to be shipped but I have this to keep me going.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.