DavidSweden
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 05:31 PM) *

Girl who I met on tinder and Facebook

Wants me to take her out
And pick her up

Should I roll up in the teener

Or is the Mazda protege the right way to go

Pull no punches people ,tell me what you think aktion035.gif

The only problem I can see is that the steering wheel may be in the way if she wants to blow you
Big Len
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Dec 10 2015, 12:57 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 05:31 PM) *

Girl who I met on tinder and Facebook

Wants me to take her out
And pick her up

Should I roll up in the teener

Or is the Mazda protege the right way to go

Pull no punches people ,tell me what you think aktion035.gif

The only problem I can see is that the steering wheel may be in the way if she wants to blow you

piratenanner.gif rolleyes.gif
Tom_T
You guys saying that you can't make-out in a 914 are either huge or the gals were .... or you never tried it. dry.gif

I'd bet the 914 seating is as wide & roomy as the Mazda's back seat - if not more so .... assuming the center cushion! Not as huge as my full sized 69 Pontiac Ventura (Catalina), but still quite ample!

Heck - they even sold it as a 2+1 with the center cushion & seatbelt option! biggrin.gif
Pix from original Porsche ads back in the day....
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
.... welcome home honey! smile.gif

Geez, I certainly managed everything from 1st base to home run in my 914 during the 70's in my `73 was my DD for 10 years, throughout my prime 20's dating years - including my ex & current wives!

Logo - ignore the naysayers on here, & if you take the 914 on any dates, go for it! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Carl456
[quote name='thelogo' date='Dec 10 2015, 07:56 AM' post='2275582']
[quote name='Carl456' date='Dec 10 2015, 07:49 AM' post='2275578']
I may be offside here, but I'd like to see a pic of the Mazda!

I wouldn't say a word about the 914. 1st date not the place to bring up all the good stuff!
[/quote

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5294774295.html

Mazda look almost identical to the one for sale above

914 looks just like Mr perfect s but real Fuchs and black bumpers and white paint icon_bump.gif
[/quote]

Had the same car in Blue. Had to downshift when you turned on the AC to keep it at highway speed (unless driving alone)
worn
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 10 2015, 11:07 AM) *

my `73 was my DD for 10 years, throughout my prime 20's dating years - including my ex & current wives!

Current wives eh? You should have the the Utah contingent banner.

btw, nice photos from the past.
r_towle
I saw a very rational reason to take the 914.
If the date sucks, at least you got to drive a fun car.

rjames
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 10 2015, 05:30 PM) *

I saw a very rational reason to take the 914.
If the date sucks, at least you got to drive a fun car.

agree.gif
era vulgaris
How about you just be your fucking self, and if that isn't good enough then don't see her again. Why do you need validation from a bunch of strangers on a car forum? This whole thread gives me the creeps.
Bulldog9
Ah the generational divide............ I'd pull up in the Porsche and have a welcome.png note on her seat with a Rose............

And dude, don't be #whipped even before the first date, its an insult to the car and your genus....... jes sayin.....
phatnine11
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(TargaToy @ Dec 9 2015, 07:22 PM) *

It's Tinder.

Tinder is not really for "keepers".

Yeh , was thinking the same thing

Then she told me , I don't drive so come pick me up ...

I know on this day and age not everyone has or can afford a car

But that was a red flag to me .
So I told her I'll have to reschedule

Then on my way home I met a hot little number working at von s meat counter . She was smitten with me and drives a white jetta , so got her # and think she will dig the teener

OK, So I lost you here. Which one are you going out with? The non-driver ( Mazda)? or the the Jetta girl that knows her way around meat? If It's the Jetta girl, 914 100% dude! This is a no brainer man.

thelogo
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Dec 10 2015, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(TargaToy @ Dec 9 2015, 07:22 PM) *

It's Tinder.

Tinder is not really for "keepers".

Yeh , was thinking the same thing

Then she told me , I don't drive so come pick me up ...

I know on this day and age not everyone has or can afford a car

But that was a red flag to me .
So I told her I'll have to reschedule

Then on my way home I met a hot little number working at von s meat counter . She was smitten with me and drives a white jetta , so got her # and think she will dig the teener

OK, So I lost you here. Which one are you going out with? The non-driver ( Mazda)? or the the Jetta girl that knows her way around meat? If It's the Jetta girl, 914 100% dude! This is a no brainer man.

Right I'm going no brainer bro
mrholland2
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 06:46 PM) *

Teener first, if that's who you are. If you're a single dad you might show your family side, but if not . . . why the hell do you have a 4 door mazda?

Hey, I have a 4-door Mazda. . 2010 Speed 3 with 263 horses. . so. . yeaahhhh smile.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 06:46 PM) *

Teener first, if that's who you are. If you're a single dad you might show your family side, but if not . . . why the hell do you have a 4 door mazda?

You said ,it is who I am

Single ,no kids , you might be on to something

With the whole embrace who you are thing

I have the Mazda for just basic daily drive and transportation

And sometimes I put two golden retriever s in the back seat

Fastest + cheapest + best mpg + reliable car I've ever owned
But I see what you mean

Ah hah . . . now we're getting somewhere. If you take the Mazda, you have to take the dogs with you. Love me love my dogs - If you take the teener, she's got to love it or she's not worth keeping either.

Trust me, if you she doesn't like those things you'll be miserable. She won't change, and if you do it will break your spirit.

The thread back from the dead ....

Finally found the one who loves / insist we drive the 914 on dates . and loves the dogs too ...

Having way more fun in my teener now... !

When your old lady likes the car it gets driven waayyy more wub.gif
fixer34
Gawd...what memories...
When I first got my /6 40+ years ago, that was all I drove. Work, fun, dates...
Had 2 females in it with me more than once.
Took my then current girlfriend on a 16hr drive to visit my parents out east. While out there we became engaged.
I still have her and the car.
Both my daughters (now 32 and 25) have ridden in it, but never driven.
My wife doesn't get in it very often anymore, it's a bit too low for her now.
I also, sadly, don't drive it anywhere near as much...
StarBear
QUOTE(fixer34 @ May 22 2020, 09:29 AM) *

Gawd...what memories...
When I first got my /6 40+ years ago, that was all I drove. Work, fun, dates...
Had 2 females in it with me more than once.
Took my then current girlfriend on a 16hr drive to visit my parents out east. While out there we became engaged.
I still have her and the car.
Both my daughters (now 32 and 25) have ridden in it, but never driven.
My wife doesn't get in it very often anymore, it's a bit too low for her now.
I also, sadly, don't drive it anywhere near as much...

Just about the same story with me (though 1 son, no daughters). Growing up in VA, it was very "gentlemanly" to open the car door for my dates. They really enjoyed that -- until one or two realized the view they were giving me via my "gentlemanly" way. w00t.gif
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
RickS
she should like you for the person you are, not the car you drive.

That said, if she is a practical sort, like an accountant, the Mazda would be it. If she is playful and fun seeking, the 914.

If you don’t know, a small sports car might seem dangerous compared to the SUVs next to you on the road, so the Mazda would be the logical choice. If cars come up in the conversation, mention you have a Classic Porsche sports car, and would she be interested in being picked up in it next time. She will either roll her eyes (red flag) or jump your bones on the spot multiple times.

When I first met my wife, didn’t show up in my Ur Audi Quattro, but my daily driver. When I later found out she rented a 911 for her 40th birthday, then I rolled out the Audi and then I jumped her bones multiple times.
IronHillRestorations
My old man used to say "Discretion is the better part of valor", whatever the hell that means smile.gif

Mazda for sure, and don't even say the word "Porsche" on the first date. Unless in the course of the date you discover she's a total car nut.

IMHO there's value to mystery, so I wouldn't say a word about your car until she makes it to the point of coming to your place.

Oh, and be sure to observe how she treats the waitstaff wherever you go to eat, because if the relationship continues, that's how she'll be treating you in a few months.
barefoot
QUOTE(RickS @ May 23 2020, 12:06 AM) *

That said, if she is a practical sort, like an accountant, the Mazda would be it. If she is playful and fun seeking, the 914.

If you don’t know, a small sports car might seem dangerous compared to the SUVs next to you on the road, so the Mazda would be the logical choice. If cars come up in the conversation, mention you have a Classic Porsche sports car, and would she be interested in being picked up in it next time. She will either roll her eyes (red flag) or jump your bones on the spot multiple times.

When I first met my wife, didn’t show up in my Ur Audi Quattro, but my daily driver. When I later found out she rented a 911 for her 40th birthday, then I rolled out the Audi and then I jumped her bones multiple times.

Perhaps I'm too old, but can't imagine much hanky-pank happening in a 914, if that's a possibility, take the Mazda lots more room
Good times !! smile.gif smile.gif

Barefoot
gandalf_025
My future wife was with me the night I bought my 914 back in 1973.
She learned to drive a standard on a tail shifter.
She still owns an 86. 911.

There isn’t much you can’t do in a 914 if you are young and determined.

Can’t say the same about the Sunbeam Tiger she had in 1979...
barefoot
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 23 2020, 03:40 PM) *

My future wife was with me the night I bought my 914 back in 1973.
She learned to drive a standard on a tail shifter.
She still owns an 86. 911.

There isn’t much you can’t do in a 914 if you are young and determined.

Can’t say the same about the Sunbeam Tiger she had in 1979...

Back it the mid 80's i had a Fiero GT, really cute car but we started carpooling to a facility kinda far away & i needed more than a 2 seater.
Kid with his family came to look at the car & I commented to his mother that It didn't lend itself to much love making.. Well, they bought the car. The Fireo has a very tall center console, that's where the gas tank resides.
thelogo
QUOTE(RickS @ May 22 2020, 09:06 PM) *

agree.gif
Dont know who you are but you the man

she requested we take the car 914 thru the winding hills of whitter . last night . and then she wanted to drive .
No problem she never even stalled( little hard on 1st ), we had fun all was well. Parked in her drive way .all night.... Who needs garages.!!! wub.gif

And yes bones jumped multiple times .
Finally feel like the car got used properly.
Was way better then cars and coffee
ConeDodger
It’s Tinder. You get one date. Don’t overthink it.
oakdalecurtis
When I was in High School, I started dating my wife of 39 years. My car was a Ford Pinto, and even then we called it the "blow up car", knowing that if we were ever rear ended, the cars would become Roman Candles. I was mowing my neighbor's lawn one afternoon, and he approached me and asked if I was going to the school prom soon with my girlfriend. When I told him I was, he informed me that it just wasn't right to take her on this big date in a Pinto. He had just purchased a new silver 914 and he offered it to me to use to take her to the dance! I couldn't believe it, and neither could she when I pulled up in this little racy Porsche to take her out for the big night!. My generous neighbor continued to let me use the 914 whenever I had a significant date night, and I will be forever grateful to him. After we were married, my wife and I always said that whenever we had a little extra coin someday, we would pick up a 914. We finally made it financially, and my wife and son went out and bought a nice yellow one and surprised me with it! When I told my friends that my wife bought my 914 for me, they asked where they could get one. I said "A car like this?". And they said "No, we can get the car anywhere, we want to know where to get a wife that will buy us a sports car!". Good luck, she's pretty special. I'm not so sure I would lend out my 914 today to some punk 16 year old kid like I was then! My neighbor was one of my heroes!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.