Wants me to take her out

And pick her up

Should I roll up in the teener

Or is the Mazda protege the right way to go

Pull no punches people ,tell me what you think aktion035.gif
Mueller
Pictures of girl 1st!

turk22
Unless she looks like Magnus Walker I say it's a good idea!

poke.gif
effutuo101
Take the teener! If she loves it, she may be a keeper. grouphug.gif
iamchappy
Chicks dig 914s
siverson
I agree, take the 914 - it's a good filter.

-Steve
jim_hoyland
Chicks hate 914s; too low, too cold, too unsafe. Now, having said that, if this girl digs your 914, that a different story. Good Luck and keep us up to date... smile.gif
Dion
914 all the way. Have fun.
thelogo
I asked a buddy of mine

He said 1st date be Mr Bruce Wayne =Mazda

2nd bat man = the 914
Garland
1st date, leave the 914 at home, but be sure to have a picture, and bring it up in conversation.

Porsche is a powerful word, has different meanings to different types of people. If she a keeper she will like the little teener. If not use the power of the word PORSCHE.

thelogo
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 9 2015, 05:33 PM) *

Pictures of girl 1st!

She's not the 85 lbs Asian girl from my volleyball league piratenanner.gif

But she's 5-11 with a nice bodess sheeplove.gif
walterolin
What about asking her a direct question beforehand?
Bruce Hinds
Teener first, if that's who you are. If you're a single dad you might show your family side, but if not . . . why the hell do you have a 4 door mazda?
r_towle
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 09:16 PM) *

Pictures of girl 1st!

Pictures or it's not true.

Bring the car, it's your mistress and they need to meet.
thelogo
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 06:46 PM) *

Teener first, if that's who you are. If you're a single dad you might show your family side, but if not . . . why the hell do you have a 4 door mazda?

You said ,it is who I am

Single ,no kids , you might be on to something

With the whole embrace who you are thing

I have the Mazda for just basic daily drive and transportation

And sometimes I put two golden retriever s in the back seat

Fastest + cheapest + best mpg + reliable car I've ever owned
But I see what you mean
thelogo
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 9 2015, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 09:16 PM) *

Pictures of girl 1st!

Pictures or it's not true.

Bring the car, it's your mistress and they need to meet.

She looks very similar to Rosario Dawson

Post a pic
Mike Fitton
I vote for the teener with the 2 Golden Retrievers:)
VegasRacer
Love me / love my 914 . . . . or GTFO.
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 08:01 PM) *

You said ,it is who I am

But I see what you mean

Ah hah . . . now we're getting somewhere. If you take the Mazda, you have to take the dogs with you. Love me love my dogs - If you take the teener, she's got to love it or she's not worth keeping either.

Trust me, if you she doesn't like those things you'll be miserable. She won't change, and if you do it will break your spirit.
thelogo
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 08:01 PM) *

You said ,it is who I am

But I see what you mean

Ah hah . . . now we're getting somewhere. If you take the Mazda, you have to take the dogs with you. Love me love my dogs - If you take the teener, she's got to love it or she's not worth keeping either.

Trust me, if you she doesn't like those things you'll be miserable. She won't change, and if you do it will break your spirit.

You are an infinitely wise man Bruce pray.gif
Mueller
Might want to post pics of your 914...don't you have white wall tires on it?

You could use the 914 to test her humor, go out and when you return to your car pretend it won't start, open front hood and yell "someone stole my engine " wait for her reaction smile.gif
TargaToy
It's Tinder.

Tinder is not really for "keepers".
PanelBilly
Ask her to drive so you can drink as much as you want

or

Take the bus
thelogo
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Dec 9 2015, 07:22 PM) *

It's Tinder.

Tinder is not really for "keepers".

Yeh , was thinking the same thing

Then she told me , I don't drive so come pick me up ...

I know on this day and age not everyone has or can afford a car

But that was a red flag to me .
So I told her I'll have to reschedule

Then on my way home I met a hot little number working at von s meat counter . She was smitten with me and drives a white jetta , so got her # and think she will dig the teener
Tom_T
idea.gif Hmmmmm.....

Well I have 2 answers for you....

First, answer was my buddy's policy - she has to "earn it"!

My good buddy who still owns his 71 since new, initially drove his 914 DD for about a year, & then bought a 72 Datsun pick-up for his DD - yes, Datsun - not Nissan.

From that point on he sparingly drove his 914 since, & no gal got a date ride in it until she proved she was a keeper! I don't think that policy was popular amongst the gals, but then NOBODY got to even see it much, let alone ride in it! biggrin.gif

That policy - as well as limited use & even rolling it out of the garage & back for it's monthly bath - kept the miles on it to about 61000 miles today, & helped him live up to his nickname of "Mr. Perfect"! The pic below shows it at <61000 miles, still with the original paint & interior & driveline, from a couple of years ago while he was still out here in SoCal & came out to our PCA OC Region's Porsches & Doughnuts at Krispy Kreme in Orange.

Click to view attachment

Second - and the pic above at least adds 914 content - since when is the Garage Forum the place for dating advice!? And it's not even tagged as OT!

I mean really, you hardliners on here will run off & complain about a group of our UK, Aussie, Kiwi & American 914er members talking about Rugby & 914s during the RWC, but this is not Sandbox material!!?? confused24.gif blink.gif

If Dating Advice is not Sandbox material, then I don't know what is!

Logo - you said pull no punches, so that's my honest opinion.

However, only you can really judge with this particular person, which car to take, from what you know so far about her. It may depend upon whether you're going for a sunny SoCal daytime drive - maybe top off (the car ;-), or a evening out in cool weather.

I'll suggest a novel approach - just ask her! confused24.gif

Hopefully this last part is helpful.

Have Fun either way! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914werke
Are you SURE she's a Girl?
billh1963
I want to know if she has an Afro since there was mention of a possible " afrodeziac"

Is that a new category for messed up people to self identify? lol-2.gif
stevegm
Mazda. Second date is the 914. Don't even mention is the first time out. If you never make it to the second date it won't matter. And if you do, it will be a nice surprise (and the fact that it didn't come up on the first date will show a little humility).
sb914
Take the Mazda.it has a back seat!:shoot2kill: ar15.gif
Big Len
If you take the Porsche, leave the targa on. Chicks hate getting their hair messed up on the first date.
Porschef

What the hell, take the teener. Took my EType on a first date bout 30 yes ago, she was nonplussed; turned out to be a catch and release. .. biggrin.gif
dflesburg
forget the girl, if you own a 914 you cant afford to date...you have parts to get.

if you decide you must go on this date, take the mazda,

if you pay more attention to the car than her, you have no chance anyway.

they want your undivided attention.

I always hated dating because most people just aren't that interesting that I can spend hours listening to them drone on and on and on.... and on. And on.
Coondog
I took a future girlfriend on a 1st date in a 914 I owned when I was 21. The only reason I got to third base was because it didn't have a center console. grouphug.gif
Fast forward 6 months when I let her take it to work and she came back with a smashed in door...... headbang.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Screw what those other guys said. Here's 40 years of experience talking. Chicks love cars. Especially 914s. At 67 years old I still have "chicks" asking me for a ride. I'm selective about who goes. First, over 140 lbs is not allowed in my car. Second, they must be over 18. Third, my 90 lb boxer is the ugliest to occupy that seat. Chicks certainly do like the top off the car. Always carry an extra ball cap. They like to take their tops off too wub.gif . I can also tell you that a back seat is not necessary. wink.gif

She being a non driver would send me packing quickly. Sounds like she just needs a chauffeur.

I drove a sentra rental car for a couple weeks when my car was in for paint. Your not gonna impress anyone in a sentra.
aircooledtechguy
I've been out of the dating game for a loooooong time but I am an observer of people and have had several close friends get divorced, dating and re-married. Couple things (tongue in cheek):

1. You "met her on facebook" (shutter)
2. "She looks like Rosario Dawson",. . . rolleyes.gif remember #1
3. "She says she doesn't drive". . . idea.gif
4. The new Star Wars movie is about to come out. . .

Pick her up in in the Mazda. Take her to the new Star wars movie. You very well could be about to pick-up a date on par with Jabba the Hut who lives in her mom's basement. She'll feel right at home at the theater. If so, she ain't gonna fit in a 914. Just sayin'. . .

But hey, I could be wrong. You could be picking up a hottie and the 914 will be something to look forward to on the 2nd date. . .

thelogo
QUOTE(stevegm @ Dec 10 2015, 04:07 AM) *

Mazda. Second date is the 914. Don't even mention is the first time out. If you never make it to the second date it won't matter. And if you do, it will be a nice surprise (and the fact that it didn't come up on the first date will show a little humility).

That's what I figured . But I'm not exactly
experience in the ways of women so
Appreciate the wise words
Carl456
I may be offside here, but I'd like to see a pic of the Mazda!

I wouldn't say a word about the 914. 1st date not the place to bring up all the good stuff!
thelogo
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Dec 10 2015, 05:47 AM) *

Screw what those other guys said. Here's 40 years of experience talking. Chicks love cars. Especially 914s. At 67 years old I still have "chicks" asking me for a ride. I'm selective about who goes. First, over 140 lbs is not allowed in my car. Second, they must be over 18. Third, my 90 lb boxer is the ugliest to occupy that seat. Chicks certainly do like the top off the car. Always carry an extra ball cap. They like to take their tops off too wub.gif . I can also tell you that a back seat is not necessary. wink.gif

She being a non driver would send me packing quickly. Sounds like she just needs a chauffeur.

I drove a sentra rental car for a couple weeks when my car was in for paint. Your not gonna impress anyone in a sentra.

Over 18 is a great policy

But , if she's over 140 and Still

( tons of fun )

I don't particularly have a problem with that icon_bump.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 10 2015, 05:41 AM) *

I took a future girlfriend on a 1st date in a 914 I owned when I was 21. The only reason I got to third base was because it didn't have a center console. grouphug.gif
Fast forward 6 months when I let her take it to work and she came back with a smashed in door...... headbang.gif

My 914 also is without center console wub.gif
thelogo
[quote name='Carl456' date='Dec 10 2015, 07:49 AM' post='2275578']
I may be offside here, but I'd like to see a pic of the Mazda!

I wouldn't say a word about the 914. 1st date not the place to bring up all the good stuff!
[/quote

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5294774295.html

Mazda look almost identical to the one for sale above

914 looks just like Mr perfect s but real Fuchs and black bumpers and white paint icon_bump.gif

thelogo
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 10 2015, 05:06 AM) *

forget the girl, if you own a 914 you cant afford to date...you have parts to get.

if you decide you must go on this date, take the mazda,

if you pay more attention to the car than her, you have no chance anyway.

they want your undivided attention.

I always hated dating because most people just aren't that interesting that I can spend hours listening to them drone on and on and on.... and on. And on.

Good points made burg

But the car needs nothing no parts to get

I do get a bit hot under the collar about where I park it and
Yeh it's best to give undivided attention on the female w00t.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 10 2015, 03:50 AM) *

I want to know if she has an Afro since there was mention of a possible " afrodeziac"

Is that a new category for messed up people to self identify? lol-2.gif

Funny guy , no afro

She has extremely beautiful hair

And as I understand it in ancient Egypt

Hair was considered to be the most attractive quality that men looked for in a women screwy.gif
thelogo

With all due respect

You said you got to 3rd base

Can you define the bases while we're here .

So I can understand
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
thelogo
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Dec 10 2015, 08:23 AM) *

See what I mean

And I'm the one ( not her ) whom described her as looking like

Rosario

In my humble opinion
Coondog
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 10 2015, 08:09 AM) *

With all due respect

You said you got to 3rd base

Can you define the bases while we're here .

So I can understand

Sounds like a To Catch a Predator Question........... Let's first start with the Old Bull and the Young Bull story. If your Dad never gave you that lesson in life then google it.... sheeplove.gif
worn
QUOTE(thelogo @ Dec 9 2015, 05:31 PM) *

Girl who I met on tinder and Facebook

Wants me to take her out

And pick her up

Should I roll up in the teener

Or is the Mazda protege the right way to go

Pull no punches people ,tell me what you think aktion035.gif

The main issue is getting in and out. Age range and dress style will make a big difference! You are worried about how you look, but you should be worried about making her look silly. That is hard to forgive, eh?

JmuRiz
QUOTE(worn @ Dec 10 2015, 08:53 AM) *

The main issue is getting in and out. Age range and dress style will make a big difference! You are worried about how you look, but you should be worried about making her look silly. That is hard to forgive, eh?

Bah, not an issue, my wife didn't have problems driving off from our wedding reception in my 914 while wearing a wedding dress biggrin.gif

BTW - This is for a first date...who cares what you drive. If a girl is either turned on or off by what car you're driving, they aren't worth your time.
iankarr
Pros:

If she likes the car, she passes a litmus test.

If the date isn't fun, at least you'll enjoy the drive

Cons:

Very uncomfortable car to have a first kiss in.

Your date may involve a flatbed...and not the kind in a hotel room.
Justinp71
IMHO...I think the mazda could be a turn off. She will most likely either be neutral or like the 914. But I don't think it could be negative (assuming you make sure its clean smile.gif ). I do agree with the others though, don't make the date be about the car at all. Just treat it like its any other car. I think the 914 will show her that you have a personality on the first date.

Now if you think she will be cold in the car that may be something to consider. Bringing a blanket could make you a very considerable guy. Also make sure you are cordial, chicks really dig that. i.e. opening doors, letting her go first.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.