Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rattle can paint job verses HPLV paint job??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mueller
QUOTE (anthony @ Mar 21 2005, 02:29 PM)
What about renting a spray booth?

Mike, I'd also try buffing out the original paint to see if it matches better. I've seen miracles happen with a Porter Cable Orbital buffer.

I tried some rubbing compound over the weekend, paint looks nice, but the color is so far off it's not funny......I actually prefer the new "wrong" color smile.gif
jasons
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 21 2005, 01:00 PM)

Manufacturer  Matrix Mixed Auto Paint Kits   Mfg. Part #   MixMSB/Green/Small

Matrix MSB Small-Kit Includes 1 Ready to Spray Gallon of Basecoat Color, 1 gallon of MS52 Clear with 1 Quart of MH006 hardener. Be sure to Email us the Paint code: Year: Make: Model: Color Name: Order number.

Unit Price  259.00    SALE PRICE 233.10

now is 1 gallon enough for the fenders, doors and targa hoop? no hoods since those I am leaving bare....

I would bet you would only need 1/2 gallon. I bought a gallon and I didn't come near using it all. I din't cut in my doors or under the hood or anything. But I did more than you plan to do. I bet I used 1/2 gallon. I used PPG Omni it is cheap and decent quality single stage. You will want to use their system(catalyst, hardener,etc). Also use their primer and follow their directions. You should use the high build primer, wetsand it smooth, then shoot color. Find a good paint supply shop with someone that will help you out with what you need and why.

One last tip, I would try to use Acrylic Urethane, not enamel.

Also, checkout the "Knowledge Base" link at the top of the page on this site... Lotsa good help.

http://www.hotrodders.com/
McMark
When you're at the lunch Mike, you can price paint. The paint shop Brandon uses is open on Saturdays and right next door. You can ask B what you need and then go price it right there. wink.gif
jasons
QUOTE (MarkG @ Mar 21 2005, 01:17 PM)

Actually rumor has it that in days of old, Ferrari painted their cars using lacquer and a brush.....just like painting your house!

Lacquer can be sanded/buffed to a mirror shine, so a few brush marks wouldn't matter....

No idea how true this story is though...

Lacquer will actually re-flow when you buff it due to heat and friction. Thats one of the good things about it.
jwalters
huh.gif You want rattle can????? mad.gif YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE RATTLE CAN!!! laugh.gif

Black Sabbath is ALL rattle can--keep in mind I still have to hit it with 1500 wet sand---

I like it-- wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.