Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front sway bar drop link lenght
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Can anyone do a quick measurement on stock front sway bar drop link. I just need the total end to end measurement of the drop link. Trying to determine which of on these two is the correct length. The measurements are 220mm and 265 mm. That measurement is from outside to outside total over all length.

Thanks.

bdstone914
I can get you measurements when i am back at the shop. Looks like you have one 914 and one SWB 911 link which would be about 1-1/2 longer.
toadman
I measured two spare front sway bar drop links that I have. One is 253 mm and one is 262 mm, more or less, total overall length. Based on these measurements, I think the longer one that you have is the stock length.
914Sixer
I measured 220 mm end to end.
MartyYeoman
22cm
bobheinonen
The length is correct when the arm on the end of the swaybar is parallel to the ground. Told to me by a veteran autocrosser many years ago when I was setting up my 914-6. Adjustable drop links are often a good idea. Bob
bdstone914
I was off on my original estimate of lenghts. Here is,a 014 and LWB 911. I think you have one 914 and SWB 911 drop link. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
johnhora
agree.gif

220 mm 911
265 mm 914

Marty...yours looks like a Weltmeister
bdstone914
QUOTE(johnhora @ Dec 20 2015, 12:55 PM) *

agree.gif

220 mm 911
265 mm 914

Marty...yours looks like a Weltmeister

No, 911 is longer. The Weltmeister are the same length as OE but are a straight tube on the part where the bushing goes. The OE are crown shaped inside.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.