Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars & Coffee at Town Center in Aliso Viejo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jim_hoyland
The cold clear mornings are air-cooled heaven. If you haven't been there, the venue is better than the old site at the Spectrum.
whitetwinturbo
agree.gif
Much easier parking and more relaxed.....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Dec 25 2015, 06:22 PM) *

agree.gif
Much easier parking and more relaxed.....

agree.gif plus there's a Bagels & Brew right next to us and a Panera across the street.
'73-914kid
I may stop on my way back from the cars and coffee at the Enderle Center in Tustin. How late do you guys usually stay?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Dec 25 2015, 09:57 PM) *

I may stop on my way back from the cars and coffee at the Enderle Center in Tustin. How late do you guys usually stay?

We're usuall out by 8:30 or 9:00
Steve
Interesting cars at "Cars&coffee"
Click to view attachment
Steve
Click to view attachment
Steve
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Is that Jeff Zwart in the belly tank ?
SirAndy
Rotation saves posts ...
biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 26 2015, 11:42 AM) *

Yes...Jeff's flathead Ford v8 Dry Lake belly-tank racer, with Jeff at the helm. His camera crew ran the on- track photography at Rennsport 5 in the special built Panamera film vehicle.

Maltese Falcon
Jeff Zwart, and it does about 140mph+ top speed Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
At the dry lake, photo credit Jeff Zwart photog.Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 26 2015, 11:45 AM) *

Rotation saves posts ...
biggrin.gif

Sorry Andy!! I will fix it tonight when I get back online.
forrestkhaag
Worth hearing it fire up and drive off the lot as well

beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 26 2015, 03:25 PM) *

Yes...Jeff's flathead Ford v8 Dry Lake belly-tank racer, with Jeff at the helm. His camera crew ran the on- track photography at Rennsport 5 in the special built Panamera film vehicle.

I had no idea he was a hot rodder.
He's far better known as a photographer and owner of a street driven 906 and a 914 6 GT
Man, there is some crazy cross-pollination in the car world.
I got a 276 cu. in. flatty to go into a '32 roadster....... some day .
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 26 2015, 05:43 PM) *

He's far better known as a photographer and owner of a street driven 906 and a 914 6 GT

He also drives Pikes Peak Hill Climb, and an occasional 959 on the street.
If your flathead headers came from Patrick's Antiques, they are MSDS headers biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 26 2015, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 26 2015, 05:43 PM) *

He also drives Pikes Peak Hill Climb, and an occasional 959 on the street.
If your flathead headers came from Patrick's Antiques, they are MSDS headers biggrin.gif

His exploits are too big and too numerous to mention.
The headers are from Bob Drake. Probably chinese.
They're temps (to bench run it) till the chassis is sorted.
Steve
icon_bump.gif
Who's going?
poke.gif
Steve
Where are the 914's?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 2 2016, 06:30 AM) *

Where are the 914's?

Passing the drive during the holiday weekend; going over to Glory Days in Seal Beach for the monthly PCA get together at 9am

Next week...
whitetwinturbo
............mine is in NBch on jack stands evilgrin.gif
Larmo63
I thought I would get the white car done yesterday and it would make it's debut this morning. We ran into a few more glitches.

Stay tuned.
Steve
The only other 914 besides mine.
A real nice six
Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
VERY "Phat" beer3.gif
Steve
I will be there this Saturday. Who's going?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 13 2016, 07:49 AM) *

I will be there this Saturday. Who's going?

I'll be there...
2mAn
Tempting, its a long-ish drive for me, but I have to drop the daily off in Redondo Beach and could probably do that on the way back from this.... idea.gif
jim_hoyland
I received a message from Carsen Chan, the owner of the -6 we met several months ago at C & C; he will be visiting the US and may be stopping by....
Gmanscott55
Let's get a big group to show up this Sat. I was there last Sat with Jim. Easy access from 5 or 73 toll road. Pic of me heading home last Sat on 73 toll road taken by my son.

driving.gif

#getoutanddrive

Click to view attachment
Beach914
I'll be there with my new beat up 74. Idle is unstable and vacuum lines are messed up so hopefully i can get some help/advice.
914_teener
Gonna try and make it down to the OC.

Pencil me in.

Depends on the "do" list tomorrow.

forrestkhaag
Can't make this one but will probably make the following Saturday..... Peter Gabriel and Sting take presedence in Tahoe this weekend on stage at Harvey's outdoor arena.
2mAn
I will be there in my E30 but I will be wearing my 914blueprint shirt. I will be hanging around the 914s too... See you there
sb914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 14 2016, 08:38 PM) *

Can't make this one but will probably make the following Saturday..... Peter Gabriel and Sting take presedence in Tahoe this weekend on stage at Harvey's outdoor arena.

You'll have fun "big time".dont let the " red rain " come falling down
And please don't "shock the monkey"
I can't make it either. Gotta work!
Keith914
Expect to make it the following Saturday.
2mAn
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Jul 14 2016, 05:49 AM) *

Let's get a big group to show up this Sat. I was there last Sat with Jim. Easy access from 5 or 73 toll road. Pic of me heading home last Sat on 73 toll road taken by my son.

driving.gif

#getoutanddrive

QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jul 14 2016, 11:52 AM) *

I'll be there with my new beat up 74. Idle is unstable and vacuum lines are messed up so hopefully i can get some help/advice.

What time are you guys leaving? I will be heading the same direction as you (I think) It would be cool to caravan, even though I wont be in a 914.

Gmanscott55
Will see everyone there.. Should be there by 6:30. Will be in area by closed restaurant.
jim_hoyland
I counted 5 914s this am including a silver 74 that appears in the database and entered last by pete000
The parking lot has been filling earlier, get there by 6:30 if you want to park on the east side....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jul 14 2016, 09:24 PM) *

I will be there in my E30 but I will be wearing my 914blueprint shirt. I will be hanging around the 914s too... See you there

Nice meeting you today, good luck with the hunt for a 914, you will do well !
Steve
Thanks Jim for taking pictures. I'm horrible at that. Good to see everyone and meet new people.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 16 2016, 04:47 PM) *

Thanks Jim for taking pictures. I'm horrible at that. Good to see everyone and meet new people.

One of these weeks, we need to get all the 914s together for a group c
Shot- although that might be skin to herding cats... smile.gif
whitetwinturbo
.... my cat's hearing is a bit of rough too happy11.gif
Steve
I should be going there more regularly. I will be there again this Saturday. Jim, what time did you get there? I got there at 6:15 and alot of the spots by the closed restaurant was already full.. I heard the 911 guys bitching that some of the spots were already taken. I think this means war!!
jim_hoyland
I arrive around 5:55am; they are just stating to fill the east end Bagels & Brew opens at 6

When I arrive the Mustangs are usually already there...I'll be there next Saturday too; after the episode with the spark plug coming out the weekly trips to C&C will help rebuild confidence before making the fall trip to Cambria/Monterey
sda4property@gmail.com
Who's in this next weekend..?
914_teener
I.ll go now that my car is back on the ground.

Can.t get that far inside the Orange Curtain until about 6.30.

Are there any parking spots left by then?
Larmo63
There is plenty of room at 6:30. I'm going to try and get there, maybe even drive a 914.

headbang.gif
914_teener
Ok...I'll be there at 6.30. See ya guys then. driving.gif
sda4property@gmail.com
6:45 / 7:00AM Porsche's by the empty restaurant..!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.