Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel injection restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
Anyone do a physical restoration of there fuel injection? I know I have seen guys that paint their intake runners red or yellow or what ever color they want. What paint? What method was used to clean them? Bead blasting, sand blasting? Mine has a little surface rust around the injector holes (been sitting in a box for almost 25 years) and I would like to “refresh” them. Tips?

72914S
I had mine sand blasted and powder coated. Barry
dmenche914
Sanding or paint strippers work well to remove the old paint, Be very careful that all rust is removed from inside the runners, as it might later break loose, and get inside your engine. Same goes for sanding grit, so make sure the insides are spotless clean, and rust free.

For the paint, i use a gloss engine enamal from a spray can (takes heat well) I have started to leave the aluminum casting on the head side of the runners as bare aluminum, rather than paint, as they have gotten hot enough to darken the paint over time, but the steel tubes remain cool enough.

I like orange, it adds 5 to 7% more horse power!
JeffBowlsby
You looking for a stock look or are you going to do something unique??
michaelmoo
I really want a stock look.
gregrobbins
I like orange, it adds 5 to 7% more horse power!

Thats news to me, all this time they said yellow is faster.

Go figure. confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.