Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Wiring Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motorvated
"Brown" Click to view attachmentwire with ring connector that passes through rear tin grommet on driver's side rear of engine compartment. Is it a hot lead from the alternator to the starter which goes on the same post as the main wire from the battery positive? 1972 with a '75 1.8 L-Jet, no relay board, and a most terrible re-wiring job from new fuse box under dash. This wire looks to be original and splits off a larger bundle of wires that may go down to the alternator. Here's the pic.Click to view attachment
ejm
QUOTE(motorvated @ Dec 28 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Is it a hot lead from the alternator to the starter which goes on the same post as the main wire from the battery positive?

Yes
motorvated
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 28 2015, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(motorvated @ Dec 28 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Is it a hot lead from the alternator to the starter which goes on the same post as the main wire from the battery positive?

Yes

Thank You Ed. I might have more questions as I attempt to reconnect everything electrical now that I have the car out from under the jack stands.....at last. Dropped her on the ground on Christmas Day as a present to myself.
Mike S.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.