Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finishing Fiberglass / Bondo ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
I have a small front valance lip spoiler that I am creating with some layed up fiberglass sheets and resin.
When I am done can I bondo over the fiberglass as a finish coat to blend everything together.
How do you finish off the Glass when u are done ?
Racing916
I would look at using some duraglass, which is a bondo and fiberglass mixture that they sell at body shops. This works great, It makes a better bond, and it is a lot harder material. After that I would trow some bondo on it to really smooth it out, and lastly some glaze. I used this technigue for matiching the front 916 bumper to the 916 flares.

Kargeek
Depending on how smooth your finished fiberglass is you can spray gel coat. However you will probably have multiple low spots so, spread a thin layer of bondo, block sand level then follow up with a high build catalized primer and block out some more. I used to do custom body work on Corvettes- I cut up a few when they were not worth what they are today. DH
URY914
agree.gif what they said.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.