Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- Silicone valve cover gaskets High temp silicone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JamesM
QUOTE(Rocky @ Apr 17 2016, 05:43 PM) *

I just installed the new ones I just received from Mark and they are a tad long. I ended up trimming the ends F and B enough that they don't fold up. I also used permatex to adhere them to the cover to hold them in. They are thick and take some coaxing to get the bale over the cover. Drove 40 miles and no leaks.

I initially had squished them in and they held fine on the 30 mile drive to the autocross, they didnt hold once i started pushing to 6k RPM and blew oil everywhere. I managed to pull one at the event and trim it up with a razor and the situation was improved but still have concerns so I swapped them back to the extra thick cork ones when i got home. Would love it if these could be improved.
Mikey914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Apr 17 2016, 06:18 PM) *

Mark,
I bought a 3 sets of these from the original group buy a couple years and just just got around to trying them out yesterday, turns out the ones I have are to big to fit in the valve covers. Top to bottom they seems to line up but side to side they extend past my valve covers by 1/4+ inch. I attempted to squeeze them in in order to make an autocross today but probably shouldn't have as my engine bay is now completely covered in oil. I took one off and played with it after the oil started spraying and they are just too big, squeezing the sides in causes the middle to bow about an inch up.

Anyways, wondering if the new tooling is a better fit? Or did I just get some less than ideal cuts from the first batch?

New tooling was to help reduce manufacturing cost by molding instead of cutting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.