Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- Silicone valve cover gaskets High temp silicone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
We are doing a large production run on these and you've never been able to buy these at a better price. Our current retail is $26 a set, which is good, but if you are interested these will be available mid Feb.

At less an what it cost for 2 sets of cork, you can save some money on these in the long run. Now you can decrease the cost of changing your oil often.

So who's interested?
brant
Yes please
mobymutt
I am.
hndyhrr
me too

alfadoc
Oh hell yes
parrish911
1 set for me, as well. Thanks
rtalich
Yes please. I'll take a set.
dlkawashima
Yes, please.
abes914
+1 please
Kansas 914
+2 sets
7TPorsh
+1 I'm in.
Wyvern
I am in +1
Do we now wait to see them on your site in the GB section ?
Elliot Cannon
1 set for me please.
luskesq
One set for me also Mark,

Thank you

Keith
ndfrigi
1 set pls.
Harpo
Sign me up
Rocky
Im in!
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I'd like 2 sets please- Thanks Mark!

Andrew
BeemerSteve
Definitely yes!
914Sixer
I am in for one.
jd74914
I'm in for a set too.
relentless
Yes!
aharder
I'm in for 1 biggrin.gif
echocanyons
I'm in for a pair
RR914
Please put me in for 2 sets
Thanks
914four
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 7 2016, 01:13 AM) *

So who's interested?

I would like one set please.
saigon71
One set for me please. Thanks.
dangerranger01
I'd go for a set please!
pneuhyde
In for a set here.
Amphicar770
Are these listed on your site yet? Getting ready to order some stuff and would be nice to be able to add these to the cart.

GregAmy
Two pair, please...
jack20
I'm in for a set, Mark.
turk22
I would like one set please,

thanks, Turk
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Jan 11 2016, 12:43 PM) *

Are these listed on your site yet? Getting ready to order some stuff and would be nice to be able to add these to the cart.

Post #1 said available mid February. biggrin.gif
clarkcou
I will buy a set when available.
Mikey914
Finished the tooling on these and have enough material to to a test shot tomorrow. Pictures to follow.
It's late so I'm going to bed.
Mikey914
Had some issues with the tool should be about another week.)
kid914
in for a set.
beerchug.gif
Mikey914
These will be ready this week.
Mark
barefoot
[quote name='Mikey914' date='Jan 7 2016, 02:13 AM'
We are doing a large production run on these and you've never been able to buy these at a better price. Our current retail is $26 a set, which is good, but if you are interested these will be available mid Feb.

At less an what it cost for 2 sets of cork, you can save some money on these in the long run. Now you can decrease the cost of changing your oil often.

So who's interested?
[/quote]
I'm in. Barefoot
brant
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2016, 11:28 PM) *

These will be ready this week.
Mark

Mark,

I'm getting ready to make an order of items
are these available yet at the group buy price?
I'd love to add them to my order and combine shipping

brant
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Curious as well- not a hurry but I have a few other things on my list to order at the same time these become available.

Thanks Mark!
nathansnathan
I tried a set of silicone valve cover gaskets about 10 years ago, seems like a good idea, but in reality, they are terrible. You can't keep them from leaking and the danger of them getting 'sucked in' is real. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I think if you test these, Mark, you are going to have a similar experience. I couldn't get them to work 1 time much less reuse them. Rolling with cork ever since.
Mikey914
I have sold many sets of these to quite a few customers. We are just changing the manufacturing process to reduce waste and reduce cost. I haven't had a lot of tme lately to work on the tool, but will get back on it late next week.
Sorry for the delay all. The day job keeps getting in the way.
Mark
Mikey914
Bump to top as these are done
Mikey914
PMs sent to all
DBCooper
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Mar 1 2016, 11:53 AM) *

I tried a set of silicone valve cover gaskets about 10 years ago, seems like a good idea, but in reality, they are terrible. You can't keep them from leaking and the danger of them getting 'sucked in' is real.

I never tried them myself but that's similar to what the T1 guys experienced, when you'd snap the throttle shut at high RPM's the engine vacuum would suck the gasket in. Over time they learned some tricks, for example from John on aircooled.net: "We RTV these to a CLEAN valve cover, clip on the engine, and let the RTV Cure for 12+ hrs. Then remove, oil the face, and clip back on."

Mikey914
The RTV is one technique, I did also make these thicker so the bale has more pressure on them.
JamesM
Mark,
I bought a 3 sets of these from the original group buy a couple years and just just got around to trying them out yesterday, turns out the ones I have are to big to fit in the valve covers. Top to bottom they seems to line up but side to side they extend past my valve covers by 1/4+ inch. I attempted to squeeze them in in order to make an autocross today but probably shouldn't have as my engine bay is now completely covered in oil. I took one off and played with it after the oil started spraying and they are just too big, squeezing the sides in causes the middle to bow about an inch up.

Anyways, wondering if the new tooling is a better fit? Or did I just get some less than ideal cuts from the first batch?
Rocky
I just installed the new ones I just received from Mark and they are a tad long. I ended up trimming the ends F and B enough that they don't fold up. I also used permatex to adhere them to the cover to hold them in. They are thick and take some coaxing to get the bale over the cover. Drove 40 miles and no leaks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.