Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New early realy board covers doing a GB these are correct for 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mikey914
Others have made the late style relay cover. It's more of a commercial piece as you can use it on the early. The difference is that the firewall changed because of the seat belt mounts and I'm not sure exactly when this occurred. I know for a fact the 75 and 76 have the sloped relay cover, and the 70-72 should be the early. Somewhere in between there was a transition. I think is was 73? So any info for those whit the cars would help.

I made the early as no one else was doing so, being correct for the 6 means that a correct part is desirable for at least a few folks, so it was a worthwhile endeavor.

These will be ready in about 2 weeks.

Good news too for those of you that want the late we are working on them but they will follow about a month later.

So who wants an early?

Here's the thread in the garage -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=273751

Shown mounted on board, but the board will not be included....only because one guy will ask biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Shown by OEM
bdstone914
No hole for the post? Those get lost too. Glad you are making these
i habe seen laye 72's that had late seat belts and use the late cover.
Tom_T
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 11 2016, 05:29 AM) *

No hole for the post? Those get lost too. Glad you are making these
i habe seen laye 72's that had late seat belts and use the late cover.

agree.gif

Mark, it's when they went to the 3-point seat belt that the firewall changed to accommodate the upper mount for the 3rd point, & the cover changed to fit it.

Then IIRC it was 75-76 MY that went to the no threaded post/thumb-nut retainer, in favor of the cheaper band hold-down (along with a bunch of other cost cutting steps).

Somebody needs to make a good heavy duty casting in a satin or non-shiny finish (like the originals) with the post hole open (or at least openable) if you want to do both. The one in your pic above is way too shiny, & most repros are too thin plastic.

p914.com has a lot of the running change info in general FYI.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mikey914
These are made from draw forming. The tooling isn't that expensive. Yes I can make an injected part, but the tooling cost would dictate that I sell several hundred at $75 a pop. I can make the plastic more matte at $5 a piece.

As for as opening the post hole I'm bit quite sure what you are talking about. There is a hole where the post goes through shown with the nut and washer in the fit piece, just like the OEM. What am I missing here?
OmaPossu
Hello,
I want one. Matte.

jukka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.