Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replace fuses and clean the contacts!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
Corrosion attacks more than the bodies of our beloved 914's (as well as many other European cars of a certain age)

Attached is a couple photos of a destroyed relay board caused by not replacing fuses and maintaining the fuse clips. The fuse board in the interior is subject to the same fate. As far as the frequency to replace fuses, I believe it mostly depends on how and where the car is operated and stored but certainly all cars need, at least, the fuses rotated in the holding clips regularly.

Keep the covers on, replacement interior fuse board covers can be found at 356devotion.com Clean the contacts with sandpaper or a Scotch brite pad, a VERY lite coat of dielectric grease (rotate the fuses after installing) and slightly bend the lower clip to maintain proper pressure.

I honestly believe there would be no need to "update" the fuse board if the above instructions were adhered to. Brad

Tom_T
agree.gif Great advice!

When I lived near the beach in Huntington Beach & my 914 was my DD, I had to do this about every 6 months due to the salt air.

Something like Wurth Contact Oel spray or similar is also a good treatment after cleaning to preserve the contacts.

Thanx Brad! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
913B
nice tip, bookmarked for my to do list biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.