Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of 914s running 7 inch fuchs at both ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
23e Heure
IPB Image

Pictures of 914s running 7 inch fuchs, plus rolled arches preferably, at both ends...

If you'd be so kind, let the dog see the rabbit!
23e Heure
double post
DBCooper
Mine, 16x7's front and rear. Front is untouched, rear is rolled and pulled, but 215x50 tires, so a bit wider than normal.

IPB Image

Elliot Cannon
And they look great by the way. biggrin.gif
Jeffs9146
These are also 16x7's with the rears rolled and 205 55 16.

era vulgaris
15x7 on all four corners. Front fenders are stock, rears are pulled a bit.
boxstr
Here are a couple of my early 914s. The yellow one is a 1975 with 7x16 front and rear, and the black one is a 914-6 conversion, that eventually was transformed into blackula, the last pic.
Craig at CAMP
bradtho
15x7 w/ 205/50 (could be 55, can't remember and out of town right now) all around. Like everyone else, stock front fenders, had to pull the rears, but Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes did such a great job it's hard to tell. Rear driver side is super tight, but no rubbing after a year and a half. Front struts have raised spindles.

PM me if there's some specific angle you're after. I took a full set after I got my car painted.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
brant
225/50/15 on 7's

I've got 1 inch spacers on the rear but modified fenders
23e Heure
Loving all of these... Keep 'em coming!

Has anyone done 7s front, and 8s rear, and kept the front fenders stock?
BIGKAT_83
16/7 with 215/45/16 tires with no fender mods.
bradtho
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 21 2016, 01:56 AM) *

Loving all of these... Keep 'em coming!

Try this thread, but note that MoveQik is using 951 offset wheels, so not all 8's are equal. I think the black car in the thread has 911 8's on. Tons of pics if you search titles for "Fuchs".

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=209881
MJHanna
225 50 15x7
EdwardBlume
15 x7 s
23e Heure
QUOTE(bradtho @ Jan 21 2016, 02:01 PM) *

Try this thread, but note that MoveQik is using 951 offset wheels, so not all 8's are equal. I think the black car in the thread has 911 8's on. Tons of pics if you search titles for "Fuchs".
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=209881

Thanks for the link. That thread was going so well... until the tyres started rubbing!

Th reason I'm asking for pics and options is that I am trying (not very hard though tbh) to talk myself out of putting GT arches on my car.
I'm pretty fixed on 15x7s and 8s, so v.interested on what can be / has been done...

Yep I could do a search, but everyone loves an excuse to post pics of their own cars ;-)
23e Heure
QUOTE(RobW @ Jan 21 2016, 02:24 PM) *

15 x7 s

Oh that looks good. Are they really 7s at both ends?
If so, is it a case of lots of spacers needed, to fill the GT arches like that?
Mueller
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jan 21 2016, 04:28 AM) *

that is perfect!

23mm offset wheels?
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 21 2016, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jan 21 2016, 04:28 AM) *

that is perfect!

23mm offset wheels?

How did you do that, do the 951 wheels have the right offset to allow this?

I really should have had Scotty pull mine a bit to allow for 7" wide rears...more tire and great looks.

If there's an offset that works stock like yours it may be worth searching for a set.
mountainroads
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 20 2016, 03:07 PM) *

Pictures of 914s running 7 inch fuchs, plus rolled arches preferably, at both ends...

I’m very impressed by the different solutions folks here have employed to accommodate fatter rubber. Although GT flares look great when done right and make a definite statement, I personally prefer a more subtle look. I’m pleasantly surprised that a number of other members apparently feel the same way, as I previously thought my car was very much the outlier. Meanwhile, I flatter myself that my car is reminiscent of Piech’s 914-8 smile.gif

Attached is my contribution to this thread. Pulled and rolled to accommodate 205X60 R-15s. In case anyone is wondering: The car and wheels are the same in both pics. Second shot taken about a year later after the wheel caps were painted

- MR
.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tomrev
7 by 16 , with 205/45 Dunlops. I too like the stock body'd sleeper look!
Krieger
How many of you guys rolled your fenders when the paint was already done? What were the results?
RickS
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 23 2016, 07:57 AM) *

How many of you guys rolled your fenders when the paint was already done? What were the results?

Folders rolled and painted at the same time.Click to view attachment
bradtho
Same, fender work done when it was in for paint.
mountainroads
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 23 2016, 07:57 AM) *

Same here: Done by PO during repaint. I debated returning to stock during current resto, but decided I liked having the bigger meats.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 23 2016, 10:57 AM) *

Fender rolling/pulling on my car was done by PO. The majority of my car appears to be original paint except for the rear quarters, which have been resprayed. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's because the paint cracked when the fenders were pulled. Prob best to do it during paint as others have done.
jmill
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 21 2016, 03:56 AM) *

My neighbor did that with his 914/6. He had factory flares welded onto the rear and kept the front fenders stock. That's when I first fell in love with the 914. It looked great to me at the time (mid 70's). I'd have to see it again to find out if I still cared for the look. That time period wasn't know for great styling.
HaraldD
Hello,

there are 7" at the front and 8" at the rear. The wheels are from 944 Turbo with an offset 23,3 mm at front and rear. Part Number begins with 951...
The fenders in the back are rolled a litttle bit. It was made at the 70th, because there are 7" 911R mountet, with a spacer 27mm (Offset 49mm / wheels are around the car with spacers in the front and rear - and i still have the wheels... smile.gif )

Harald

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
Trying to make 16x7 911 offset (23.3) fit. Getting close, I will need to cut the rear fender support brace and push out the lower back part of the quarter and I will be a lot closer.

I want rear ride height to be fender lip right at the top wheel lip, if I can.

This is 20+ year old paint, I heated the panel when I started. Luckily no stars this time around, but I do have a little fender wave that needs to be fixed.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Jan 23 2016, 11:39 PM) *

Hello,

there are 7" at the front and 8" at the rear. The wheels are from 944 Turbo with an offset 23,3 mm at front and rear. Part Number begins with 951...
The fenders in the back are rolled a litttle bit. It was made at the 70th, because there are 7" 911R mountet, with a spacer 27mm (Offset 49mm / wheels are around the car with spacers in the front and rear - and i still have the wheels... smile.gif )

Harald

Click to view attachment

Probably my favorite 914 on the planet! beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 24 2016, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(HaraldD @ Jan 23 2016, 11:39 PM) *

Hello,

Harald

Click to view attachment

Probably my favorite 914 on the planet! beerchug.gif

Yes I like how it really looks, clean and simple! Is it 16 or 15 wheels?
porschetub
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 21 2016, 12:07 PM) *

IPB Image

Not trying to head off track here too far James ,did you put up a pic of the car you got out of the US,don't remember seeing it?
23e Heure
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jan 25 2016, 07:13 AM) *

Not trying to head off track here too far James ,did you put up a pic of the car you got out of the US,don't remember seeing it?

Thanks for the interest smile.gif
Here is the car when I collected it from Portsmouth docks 2 weeks ago. It's on 6x15s, so is a red herring now in this thread!

IPB Image

The car is running a 3.0 on Webers, with beefed up suspension and brakes to compliment that power.
And with that spec it really wants more rubber on the road than the 6x15s it currently wears.

I have a pair of 7x15 fuchs and 8x15 minilites wanting to go play, and I do love the GT arches look, but the car seems such a pretty sleeper in narrow form...

...So I posted this thread to see what options there are for more rubber without 'going wide', before I make the jump to start cutting and welding welder.gif

mr914
15x7 all around
porschetub
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Jan 21 2016, 12:07 PM) *

IPB Image

Nice car James thanks for the pic beer.gif

My sevens on the rear,205/55/16;

Click to view attachment

This is the ride height I was after but was able to go lower without touching,now have sevens on the front but might space them as much as possible without fitting longer wheel bolts.
I'am running no rear shims as there were none when I got the car,could see no sign they were ever there or the op took them out confused24.gif
jmill
QUOTE(HaraldD @ Jan 24 2016, 01:39 AM) *

Also my favorite! wub.gif

Is that Zambezi or Conda? Please tell me it's Zambezi.
porschetub
QUOTE(bradtho @ Jan 21 2016, 05:00 PM) *

15x7 w/ 205/50 (could be 55, can't remember and out of town right now) all around. Like everyone else, stock front fenders, had to pull the rears, but Mark at Eurotech Bodywerkes did such a great job it's hard to tell. Rear driver side is super tight, but no rubbing after a year and a half. Front struts have raised spindles.

PM me if there's some specific angle you're after. I took a full set after I got my car painted.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

VERY nice car,are those wheels done RSR style as in Harvey Weldman ,IMO this treatment makes the lips a little wider,got me thinking I may copy the look.
malaga_red75
16x7 with rolled rear fenders.

Click to view attachment
kafermeister
I will say this is an awesome thread. I have been planning a set of 16x7 Fuchs for my 914 for a long time. All of the pics just make me smile. I first fell in love with this look when I saw a set on the orange slab-sided 914 test mule that Renegade Hybrids had for a while. I never saw the car in person but the pictures left an impression on me. Naturally, I can't seem to find a pics at the moment.

As a point of clarification, I believe the 944 16x7 Fuchs and the 911 16x7 Fuchs have the same offset. There is some model specific machine work which accounts for the difference in factory part numbers.

http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html

Love the pics. My goal is to end up with something that resembles BitgKat83's car. That is what I look at when I need inspiration. Wish I had a whole book of pics of that car. beerchug.gif

bradtho
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Jan 25 2016, 05:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

this car looks great! why have I never seen pics of it before? maybe I need to spend more time reading our site!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(jmill @ Jan 25 2016, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(HaraldD @ Jan 24 2016, 01:39 AM) *

Also my favorite! wub.gif

Is that Zambezi or Conda? Please tell me it's Zambezi.

Harald's car is Conda green and quite special if you take a look at it's history:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1139370

Very, very cool, and Harald is a really nice guy.
maddin
Great topic! I now know what I want..16x7 it is! :-D
Mueller
I know not Fuchs....

16x7 with 205/50-16s

53mm offset and 20mm to 25mm spacers (will have to confirm for sure) with would give an effective offset of 33mm to 28mm offset which is still 5mm more inboard than the Fuchs with a 23mm offset.

Previous owner installed them, the rear fenders look stock but I think the rear trailing edge might have been tweaked a little, I'd like to compare with a bone stock car one of these days.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Mueller
For the Fuchs, I know a few members have actually modified the rear trailing arm to move the hub inboard 15mm or so.
brant
here is a picture of how much pulling, cutting, and welding it took to fit 15x8's under the rear:

(test wheel was a 5.5 x 14)
Alapone
I have 16x7 rear and 16x6 up front? I went with 205/40/16 all around has anyone else done this? The lowest profile in this thread is 45 I think.

I am trying to find out what is the highest profile I can go to without anything more than a gentle rolling for the fenders.
malaga_red75
QUOTE(bradtho @ Jan 25 2016, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Jan 25 2016, 05:34 PM) *

Click to view attachment

this car looks great! why have I never seen pics of it before? maybe I need to spend more time reading our site!

I haven't posted in a while, and mostly lurk now. But I have a build and paint thread on here somewhere...
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
914Timo
7x15 911R Fuchs and 205/55 tires.

IPB Image

7x16 Fuchs with 205/50 front and 205/55 rear. Rear trailing arms 20mm narrowed.

IPB Image

3d914
QUOTE(bradtho @ Jan 20 2016, 09:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I love this color! Sooo unique. Enjoy!

(Weird - quoted images show up in preview, but not in post!)
Alapone
how much more are 16x7 worth than 16x6?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.