Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-using stock oil pump on a stock-ish rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
Pulled my stock oil pump apart and gave it a close inspection. The internals look great with little discernable wear. The only real wear spot I found were slight marks on the drive tang from the cam gear.

The engine I'm building will be a stock-ish 1971 or 2056 with a stock cam or a cam slightly more aggressive than stock. Stock D-jet FI. No external oil cooler. Any issues re-suing the stock oil pump?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

r_towle
i may be unique but its all I will use.
Blueprinting helps quite a bit
TheCabinetmaker
I run a stock pump in my 2056 with 436 lift cam and 9.1 cr. No problems.
r_towle
The main issue, aside from the internals not being healthy, is the inlet and outlet holes in both the pump and the case have very sharp edges which can aid in decreased oil pressure, especially at lower rpms.

If you ease those edges, and get the Foley spring.....should be more than enough oil pressure.

rich
McMark
Go for it.
MartyYeoman
Foley spring? confused24.gif
jmill
http://www.tangerineracing.com

CFR oil pressure relief valve
porschetub
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Feb 4 2016, 09:47 AM) *

Pulled my stock oil pump apart and gave it a close inspection. The internals look great with little discernable wear. The only real wear spot I found were slight marks on the drive tang from the cam gear.

The engine I'm building will be a stock-ish 1971 or 2056 with a stock cam or a cam slightly more aggressive than stock. Stock D-jet FI. No external oil cooler. Any issues re-suing the stock oil pump?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It fine to use again beer.gif ,oil filter helps here...not like type 1 motors that chew out pumps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.