Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions on cc'ing heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
1st) recommend a fluid to use. someone said transmission fluid

2nd) i had to cut my own disk and the fit seems OK, not real tight, about 2mm clearance. do i seal the disk with something to keep the fluid in? i was thinking grease (some easy to clean like synthetic wheel bearing grease)

3rd) do i cc all the chambers and do i deck height all the cylinders? now that i think about it, that's a dumb question, never mind (but i thought it would be good not to erase it for somebodies sake)

4th) what's the tolerance?

TIA
MecGen
Hi

1st) recommend a fluid to use. someone said transmission fluid

Any thin oil will work fine
2nd) i had to cut my own disk and the fit seems OK, not real tight, about 2mm clearance. do i seal the disk with something to keep the fluid in? i was thinking grease (some easy to clean like synthetic wheel bearing grease)

I use white Lithium grease, your disc just needs to seal the head above the cyl mating surface.
4th) what's the tolerance?

Shit I don't remember, adjusting CC always from the smallest to biggest (check spec).

cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
DNHunt
My heads were within a cc of each other 50.5 to 51.5 from Len Hoffman. Include any valve pockets or dishes in the pistons. Decks were within a couple thousands. Compression ratio varied a little more than a tenth. All of that was signed off on by Jake.

Dave
IronHillRestorations
Vegetable oil is OK to use, and it's less toxic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.