Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New intake system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
r_towle
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 9 2016, 12:19 PM) *

How about one of these? A little pricey but do they work?
Click to view attachment

I happen to love that setup and will eventually suck it up and buy it.

In Germany there are very strict noise pollution laws.
Imagine living near the autobahn, and in many villages they are quite close to it.

Cars going over 100 MPH make quite a bit of noise, especially late at night when there is nothing else making noise...and a howling car goes by.

That system from CSP really does help reduce the noise, and I believe it uses a fairly easy to obtain paper air filter...

Rich
Series9
That's cool, but the MAP sensor problem will only be fully solved by putting the whole arrangement under vacuum, behind a single throttle body.
sixnotfour
Mario, of the dub shop (thedubshop.net) fabed up an awesome intake for the 914. It looks great and now I can even hear the Tangerine Racing exhaust over the itb's.

WOW, I have never seen a thread go more sideways, without anyone really looking at what he has..... bs.gif what ever !!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 9 2016, 03:22 PM) *

Mario, of the dub shop (thedubshop.net) fabed up an awesome intake for the 914. It looks great and now I can even hear the Tangerine Racing exhaust over the itb's.

WOW, I have never seen a thread go more sideways, without anyone really looking at what he has..... bs.gif what ever !!

I might be the one to make it start going sideways, But I and many others in this thread know exactly what he has.

Megasquirt with crankfire ignition, CB Performance TB's and induction parts. Cool, but pretty standard fare now.

That said the OP was referring to the intake, right?
Series9
agree.gif

The "sideways component" of this thread has been the linkage conversation. Everything else has been germane.
sixnotfour
I don't know either person on this post , maybe his terms were generic....what I take from this is he is happy with how it runs and is quiet (ITBs) to hear his exhaust, sounds to me like a happy guy...
He didn't ask for your approval...my bad...
Bulldog9
QUOTE(rgolia @ Feb 9 2016, 01:19 PM) *

How about one of these? A little pricey but do they work?
Click to view attachment

Saving my pennies for someday.....

Back a few posts someone mentioned throwing away the CB arm linkage, and the resulting Q was asked "what do you suggest"

CFR has a throttle cable linkage that works great, is simple, easy to install, and looks great. HIGHLY recommend it..... Worth every $$.
rgolia
Does anyone know what unit from CSP is best for a 2 liter?
trojanhorsepower
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 8 2016, 11:57 PM) *

Perfect thread for "how to learn never to post anything on 914World". biggrin.gif

Amen brother! Nothing like a little common courtesy to make a person feel welcome. Oh wait, this is the opposite of that....
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Series9 @ Feb 9 2016, 06:06 AM) *

How about:

Loose the ITBs, attach the intake directly to the manifolds, and source a single throttle body from a 3.2 (or similar).

Then, it's a mod with a purpose and there's no more linkage debate.

biggrin.gif

agree.gif Yep...that would give you a good mp signal, smooth throttle at normal cruising and have plenty of flow at w.o.t. and quiet it down nicely....
nathansnathan
I've been working on something similar, I got the blowthrough boxes and the filter from pacific customs, ump brand. I just got the tubing to connect it all from spectre performance. My goal is to reduce intake drone.

I'm planning on using a scat linkage probably, as the tangerine pulley linkage pictured isn't going to fit with shorter csp manifolds which are port matched.

IPB Image

IPB Image
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 12 2016, 07:38 PM) *

I'm planning on using a scat linkage probably, as the tangerine pulley linkage pictured isn't going to fit with shorter csp manifolds which are port matched.

My recent revisions might provide the cable clearance to the tin & plug wires that you need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.