Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back in the disassembly mode
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I've started the disassembly of what was my 72 driver. This was my first 914 purchase. Bought it about 5 years ago. It has been great fun!!! got me really addicted to 914's. Unfortunately it is too far gone to save. It won't pass the "big butt' test -even witout anyone in the car ohmy.gif . All body panels are full of bondo that is starting to rust around/underneath-except for the front trunk lid. This car has been a tremendous education. Lots of examples of what not to do to a 914 - poor body work, unbelievable electrical work. It takes real "talent of the wrong kind" to do some of the things that were done to this car. The good thing is that it was a fully functional driver and has many good parts.

Dan-pnambic, came by yesterday and we dropped the engine. Now he should be able to get one of his 914's on the road. I'm parting the rest out. Keeping several parts to support my 73 rebuild and will have many parts to sell. I'll post some things in the classifieds and ebay soon.

4722901825 so long...

This car has been such an inspiration i'm recreating it as it should have been built. biggrin.gif
seanery
Hi Doug! Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I really wanted to see the good one again!
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Doug, ya better fire that carpenter who sided you house! laugh.gif
Doug Leggins
Yea Sean too bad you couldn't make it. We had a good time. everything went pretty smooth just slooowww, which is no suprise to me anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.