Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> back in the disassembly mode, taking another one apart
Doug Leggins
post Mar 20 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261
Region Association: None

I've started the disassembly of what was my 72 driver. This was my first 914 purchase. Bought it about 5 years ago. It has been great fun!!! got me really addicted to 914's. Unfortunately it is too far gone to save. It won't pass the "big butt' test -even witout anyone in the car (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) . All body panels are full of bondo that is starting to rust around/underneath-except for the front trunk lid. This car has been a tremendous education. Lots of examples of what not to do to a 914 - poor body work, unbelievable electrical work. It takes real "talent of the wrong kind" to do some of the things that were done to this car. The good thing is that it was a fully functional driver and has many good parts.

Dan-pnambic, came by yesterday and we dropped the engine. Now he should be able to get one of his 914's on the road. I'm parting the rest out. Keeping several parts to support my 73 rebuild and will have many parts to sell. I'll post some things in the classifieds and ebay soon.

4722901825 so long...

This car has been such an inspiration i'm recreating it as it should have been built. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
seanery
post Mar 20 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #2

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Hi Doug! Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I really wanted to see the good one again!
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 20 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

Hey Doug, ya better fire that carpenter who sided you house! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Doug Leggins
post Mar 20 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #4

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 261

Yea Sean too bad you couldn't make it. We had a good time. everything went pretty smooth just slooowww, which is no suprise to me anymore.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:36 PM