Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk roof holder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Not looking at it now, but I believe a large rivet holds them in place.

Does anyone have a source?

TIA

Joe
TheCabinetmaker
Never seen one riveted. M6 bolt.
thieuster
I've seen a pic of the holders attached to a hinge. And the hinge was attached to the trunk. Less risk of snapping the holder when you insert or pull out the roof under an angle.

Can't find the pic though.

Menno
Kansas 914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Feb 10 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Never seen one riveted. M6 bolt.

agree.gif

Click to view attachment
Rob-O
Originally the forward holders (closest to the engine bay) were riveted. But as the holders broke and were replaced, most guys just used a bolt to attach them. I thought the very early cars had bolts as well. If true I can see them moving to rivers to help cut costs.
76-914
My 76 had rivets. If you want to use rivets get some canopy rivets at Aircraft Spruce. If they aren't made for plastic the pull will squash and split the plastic. If you can't find them on their site PM me.
Porschef

Ok I just hobbled my butt out to the garage

One side has bolts, the other has these

Click to view attachment

The side that broke has bolts, so I'll assume that the holes were reamed out to accept them. In that case, rivets are out dry.gif

I kinda do remember a hinged setup for the holders, might anyone have a link?

Thanks for the replies.
Kansas 914
Must be an early versus late model year change. My picture above is from my car which is an early '72.
zambezi
QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 10 2016, 04:03 PM) *

Ok I just hobbled my butt out to the garage

One side has bolts, the other has these

Click to view attachment

The side that broke has bolts, so I'll assume that the holes were reamed out to accept them. In that case, rivets are out dry.gif

I kinda do remember a hinged setup for the holders, might anyone have a link?

Thanks for the replies.

That was me, but nobody liked it so it seems to have disapeared. Here is the link.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=255071&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.