Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finally made it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
For the AC hole Restoration Design makes a nice piece, and they have a europe number.

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP337B

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mikey914 makes nice repro bumper tops.
rhodyguy
Wheels look to be the real deal. Use a gentle detergent. No foul for a little patina.
slotty008
driving.gif This evening I finished working earlier so I had the time to do a one hour testdrive. The car feels really stable : no squeeking, no strange noises , no "bending" of the body while cornering.
I didn't put the pedal to the metal yet ( max 4000rpm), because the car has been standing still for 4 years, so I'm gonna take it easy. The engine has power, but sometimes it holds in for a second. Could be the fuel pump or the injectors or the EFI? I don't know. I'll try again later this week. Maybe it's the heat? Today it was 31°C(88°F) which is very unusual for Belgium.
Frankvw
Hi slotty. Greetings from the Netherlands and good luck with the 914 !
Yes it was hot...but the car came from california and was restored and tuned by previous owner you mentioned...so that means it is used to these temperatures.
it was not driven a lot the last year I understand from the story....first try to drive it a bit more to see what is really going on.
slotty008
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 18 2016, 11:35 PM) *

QUOTE(slotty008 @ Jul 18 2016, 05:29 PM) *

Today , after 6 months of waiting, I finally got my license plates and insurance papers. So now I can make a real test drive! It will be for thursday since I haven't got the time now. But I mounted the center wheel caps from 914rubber and they fit perfectly although I think the wheels are not original ones. Thank you Mark!

They look origional. Take a pic of the back. They should have a little Fuchs /fox logo. Post the pic here.

I took off one of the wheels. This is the inside.I see a VW logo.
Click to view attachment
Tbrown4x4
Stepping into unfamiliar territory, but I believe the "914.xxx..." part number indicates real Fuchs.
mepstein
Here's one of my 2.0 Fuchs. I could be mistaken about the fox logo on 914 wheels. Maybe they are only in 5 bolt wheels. Anyway, yours look real. smilie_pokal.gif
slotty008
They look the same to me. Good news for me! piratenanner.gif
Mark Henry
Yes those are real, I believe the fox head is stamped beside the VW logo.... and I believe they were all stamped by a 7 year old girl.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.