Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct main jet for Weber dual 40's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
motomoss
Hello, I currently have 1974 2.0 and am thinking on purchasing a big bore kit for it. I have a set of Weber dual 40's and distributor set up for carbs that I will be using on the car but do not know the correct main jet size for the carbs confused24.gif . Any help would be much appreciated.
Starlack
QUOTE(motomoss @ Feb 15 2016, 10:34 AM) *

Hello, I currently have 1974 2.0 and am thinking on purchasing a big bore kit for it. I have a set of Weber dual 40's and distributor set up for carbs that I will be using on the car but do not know the correct main jet size for the carbs confused24.gif . Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello
I have documents from a German engine builder.
Porsche 914
Venturies 30mm
Mixing tube F11
Main Jet 125
Idling jet 55
Regulating nozzle 180 evtl.200
hope to have helped
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Starlack @ Feb 15 2016, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(motomoss @ Feb 15 2016, 10:34 AM) *

Hello
I have documents from a German engine builder.
Porsche 914
Venturies 30mm
Mixing tube F11
Main Jet 125
Idling jet 55
Regulating nozzle 180 evtl.200
hope to have helped

This might be a good place to start but depending on engine size you might have to do a little experimenting with jet combinations
jmill
It's an air correction jet instead of a regulating nozzle here in the States. Buy the weber tech manual by Bob Tomlinson. Read it until you understand how the carb works. I had to read it several times before i wrapped my head around all of it.

You'll need to buy a carb cam too. Otherwise you won't be pleased with the performance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.