Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting rid of the sail panel vynal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
How do you make the trim on the sail panel fit good after you take the vynal off? It seems loose now and has a small gap between the body and the trim pieces. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the problem?
Porsche Rescue
I think you just live with the gap. It should fit about the same. Vinyl is not very thick. The factory cars with body colored sails came with the trim pieces also body color. What ever gap there was did not show.
You will have three holes to fill at the bottom unless you leave the trim there.
jgiroux67
I already fillid in the holes so I cant go back now, oh well I'm not much of a fan of the two tone look with the targa. I'm gonna have the trim pieces in black and the car is gonna be blue so I guess it won't show too much.
Rick_Eberle
I got out the Dremel, and made the holes oval shaped on the strips that go across the top of the sail. Mine are new, and have double sided tape from the factory as well as the screws.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.