Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh Air Blower Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsintampa
So I removed my entire dash - frame included and now I'm in the throws of putting it all back in.

I was fairly careful to label all wires, lights, etc. with masking tape - so putting it back together wouldn't be much of an effort.

However - I have one situation that I'm perplexed about (so far) that involves the heater control levers. There is a fresh air blower light on the right bottom of the assembly that I thought should only light when there is power to the blower motor.

Mine lights all the time - regardless of the blower motor switch position.

There is a brown ground wire that comes off of the assembly that connects to the wire harness, then there is a brown ground wire that when I ground it will light up that blower light.

The motor blows fine - low, medium, high - depending on the lever position. The issue is that the light is always on - regardless of the lever position.

UGH

Thanks for any thoughts.

Len
lsintampa
DUH,

Never mind - that ground ties to the heater control assembly - right under the three motor speed connections.

I was taking it to direct ground - there is another ground as well that ties into the harness, but the light ground is tied to the lever assemble itself.

See spade connector below! The "loose" brown ground goes on that empty spade connector!!!!

I guess it makes sense to even label the ground wires..... confused24.gif

Len

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.