Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: LED Boards:Front LED Turnsignals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
eric9144
Spoke--question on the Euro fronts--is the amber section dim lit when in an "idle" state? From the picture above it looks like they are--I thought the amber section was only lit when the signals were engaged...

Considering picking up a set of Euro fronts "just in case" I ever want to go that route...
Still wub.gif my US version set, amazing upgrade first.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Apr 28 2016, 01:45 PM) *

Spoke--question on the Euro fronts--is the amber section dim lit when in an "idle" state? From the picture above it looks like they are--I thought the amber section was only lit when the signals were engaged...

Considering picking up a set of Euro fronts "just in case" I ever want to go that route...
Still wub.gif my US version set, amazing upgrade first.gif

The ambers are on dim on Ralph's car. He requested that option. I haven't socialized that option with the group to keep things simple for my assembly guy. It can be done on the Euro versions.
Spoke
I have the one set of Euro boards from Ralph's car that I will sell at a discount since they are used. They will still be warranted for 1 year as with new boards. If you didn't know they were used it would be hard to tell.

Price for this one set is $120. Normal price is $145. These have white LEDs which turn off when turnsignals are active. They also have the amber LEDs on dim when the white LEDs are on.

Click to view attachment
abes914
spoke, i'll take ralphs slightly used euro turn signal and a rear euro lights. i already have your led brake lights installed.

thanks,
abe
JimmyG
I would like a front euro set in green if possible.
Thanks
Jimmy
Spoke
I finally have a website to make the selection and payment of LEDs a bit smoother. Please feel free to visit and let me know how it is.

The site also has installation instructions for all the LED boards.

Since I managed to cannibalize my own sockets by introducing black colored boards, I have several 911 and 914 front turnsignal boards with green PCBs listed in a bargain page.

Spokeworks LED
Spoke
I never planned to make a front sidemarker LED board but reconsidered making one after I started making rear sidemarkers for the 911.

Below are a couple of 911 rear sidemarker boards and a plastic mock up of a 914 front sidemarker board.

I tried to use the 911 sidemarker on the 914 but it was a bit too large. The 911 board is 1.25 inch whereas the 914 sidemarker board will be 1.19 inch; just 0.06 inch smaller. dry.gif

Click to view attachment

Here's the mock up board in the 914 sidemarker fixture. With 12 LEDs, these sidemarkers are very bright. The 911 sidemarker is about 7x brighter than the standard bulb.

Hope to have first PCBs by next week.

Click to view attachment
Spoke
I now have front sidemarker boards in stock. These are $30 for a pair.

I measured light intensity of the standard bulb and this board. The standard bulb at 4 feet put out 0.8 LUX directly opposite of the bulb and 0.5 LUX at a 45 degree angle.

The LED board at 4 feet straight on was measured at 3.8 LUX and 2.5 LUX at 45 degree angle. In general this board is more than 4x brighter than the standard bulb as measured on my car.

You can find these boards at:

Spokeworks
Cairo94507
Jerry - Excellent news. I already placed an order for a set. Thanks for taking care of us and making these terrific lights for our cars. first.gif

They look much nicer and more importantly, are better for the electrical system as they draw so much less voltage and they increase safety on the road as our cars are more visible to those damn distracted drivers with their noses in the phones while they drive. ar15.gif
siverson
i just got around to installing these... i have a weird ground problem or something (i dont think it is a problem with the led kit). without the reverse bulb on one side the lights on that side are quite dim. see video. any tips?

https://youtu.be/fCZW1SShpAM

thanks,
steve
Spoke
That is weird. The reverse light is independent of the brakes/running/turnsignal lights. The only thing they share is ground.

It might be good to examine the 5 wires connecting to the fixture. A couple of wires might need swapped. It looks like the reverse bulb may be providing ground to the other lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.