Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: LED Boards:Front LED Turnsignals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Spoke
This is a group buy for front bucket LED boards. Please respond here if interested. I will PM you with payment details.

Available in two configurations:

1) US Version: 69 AMBER LEDs: $125/pair
2) Euro Version - w/Blanking: 21 WHITE LEDs in clear of lens; 48 AMBER LEDs: Price: $145/pair

Shipping:
CONUS: $10
Canada: $25
Outside CONUS: Determined at purchase.

CONUS payment examples:
US Version: $125 + $10 = $135
Euro Version - w/Blanking: $145 + $10 = $155

Each pair includes:
o 2 PCBs
o US Version: 69 AMBER LEDs.
o Euro Version: 21 WHITE LEDS (Running lights) and 48 AMBER LEDs (Turnsignal).

Euro Version with blanking will turn off WHITE LEDs when turnsignal is engaged.

Pigtail with 1157 base to plug directly into existing bulb socket.

4 clips for each pair to mount the boards to existing front bucket housing for plug-n-play installation.

4 screws for clips + 1 extra

1 piggyback spade connector if existing turnsignal flasher is replaced by EP36 LED flasher from your FLAPS.

1 year guarantee

Electrical Characteristics US version:
Turnsignal: 0.39A @ 14V (5 Watt) each PCB
Running light: 0.07A @ 14V (1 Watt) each PCB

Example front LED board shown with only tools needed: large Philips screwdriver for lens screws and smaller Philips screwdriver for PCB mounting screw.

Click to view attachment

Installation of the front turnsignal bucket LED boards.

There are 2 clips for each board. The small one goes in front the the long one on the rear.

Click to view attachment

Screw in the rear clip.

Click to view attachment

The small front clip mounts on the top of the board. These will be screwed in when I build the board. The bottom of the board will contact the bucket base to keep the board straight.

Click to view attachment

Here's the board ready for installation with the bulb base connected.

Click to view attachment

When installing the board, make sure the pigtail does not interfere with the rear clip.

Click to view attachment

Gently slide the board in. There are slots on either side of the board to clear the guides on the sides of the bucket.

Click to view attachment

Ready for the lens. The lens will hold the board in place. If you need to reposition the board, do not grab the LEDs as they will move. Use a paper clip or similar wire to pull the board out.

Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Hi Jerry,
I will take a set of the US version -all Amber
Thanks,
Danny Thomas
914forme
piratenanner.gif
Front Euro w/Blanking

Thank you very much for making these, oh and my 914 thanks you too.

aktion035.gif
Olympic 914
Put me down for 1 set. US version - all amber.

Thanks
Coondog
Euro set with blanking please.......thank you
76-914
I'm in for a pr of the Euro's.
Rotary'14
Hi I want a pair of the fronts Euro style,,, also interested in the Euro style rears if you want to sell a whole set.

I'll be waiting for your PM with the details.

-Robert
Shadowfax
I'm in for an amber U.S. set. Thanks, Jerry!
BillC
I'd like a US (amber-only) set. Thanks!
bahnzai
Paypal sent.
US- all amber set
Thanks!!
whitetwinturbo
I want US pair beer3.gif
flmont
I want 1 set Euro style Pls
dangerranger01
Count me in for the Euro Version - w/Blanking: $145 + $10 = $155
bandjoey
US set only. I guess this is plug and play...no relay or other electrical change? I'm electrical illeeterette.

How do you compare the brightness to just the bulb? Pictures online anywhere?

Also while I'm in there...can you give me an LED side marker bulb number that will also plug and play the side markers??

Thanks Bill
Spoke
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 2 2016, 09:46 PM) *

US set only. I guess this is plug and play...no relay or other electrical change? I'm electrical illeeterette.

Also while I'm in there...can you give me an LED side marker bulb number that will also plug and play the side markers??

Thanks Bill

Yes, the boards are plug and play. However, there is a chance that your hazard flasher may have difficulty either flashing or flashing the dash indicators properly. Most folks have rewired the dash indicators (this can be done by pulling the tach out and this mostly has worked correctly. If the flasher needs replacing, there are 2 types readily available at your FLAPS. The EP26 and EP36 flashers are compatible with the 914 and LEDs but still may need to rewire the ground wires on the dash indicators.

Some videos of the front LEDs. This is the Euro version.

First the turnsignals; then just the running light. For the turnsignal, the US lens is on. For the running light, the lens is removed.

I wanted to observe the angle of incidence on the LEDs. These LEDs have 30 degree 1/2 power angle. So for the turnsignals and running lights, I varied the angle of viewing from about +/- 45 degrees from the front of the car. I was about 30 feet away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEIcKTeHoa0

Now the running light with the US lens off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xe09_u_dSg

Below are graphs showing the relative light intensity between a US LED board and the standard 1157 bulb. The first graph is the difference between the turnsignals and the second between the running lights.

Each graph shows the intensity as one moved from in front of the car (0 degrees) to the side of the car.

For turnsignals, the bulb puts out about 12 LUX and the LED about 82 LUX or greater than 6x brighter. For running lights, the bulb puts out less than 2 LUX and the LED board over 12 LUX, again more the 6x brighter. Notice that the LED running light is as bright as the bulb on turnsignals (12 LUX).

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rotary'14
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

A really well packed package was waiting for me when I got home today! I can't wait to install my set.

-Robert
bandjoey
I'll take a us set.
rgolia
I have a question for the brain trust here. I have installed front and back and they work great. On the front I have the euro version and I use Italian lenses which are clear. With the lights off you can see the circuit board, which is green (see photo). My question is can this be coated in a silver or black paint like material without messing up the function?Click to view attachment
Spoke
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 4 2016, 02:24 PM) *

My question is can this be coated in a silver or black paint like material without messing up the function?

Hey Ralph,

Glad to hear the install went smoothly

Kind of a bummer as I had a choice to any color of the PCB as desired. I chose to stay with green although I was thinking of PCB's with black as the color.

You can paint the boards as you see fit as long as the paint is not electrically conductive. Pretty much all paints are not electrically conductive but please check the ingredients. If I were to paint the board I would do it with a brush. You don't have to have a beautiful finish to get the effect you want.

Being that the boards may be subjected to moisture, it would be best to use an acrylic or enamel paint applied with a brush. Model type paint available in the small jars should be OK.

I wouldn't consider painting the boards would void the 1 year warrantee. I want you to be satisfied with the boards.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Jerry
bandjoey
Maybe..he can make up a black board for you, and someone else will buy your boards...a swap out if you will??
Spoke
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 4 2016, 07:09 PM) *

Maybe..he can make up a black board for you, and someone else will buy your boards...a swap out if you will??

Yes, we can work this out. I just ordered some front turnsignal boards in black. Should have them in about 2 weeks.
Spoke
Had a question about blanking for the Euro version. This function emulates modern cars with running lights where the running light turns off when the turnsignal is active to provide better contrast for the blinking turnsignal.

Here's a video of the front Euro board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBFT2LwVhc
whitetwinturbo
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif

......just paid for my "US" order. Thanks!
rgolia
I think black would look good. Remember I have the euro version with the yellow dimly lit with the running light on and with the blanking. They look outstanding when on.

Spoke...let me know if you think we can pull this off. I am willing to eat a few bucks to pull this off.
Spoke
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 7 2016, 01:46 PM) *

Spoke...let me know if you think we can pull this off. I am willing to eat a few bucks to pull this off.

Ralph, not a problem. Here's what we can do. Boards are expected this week. My assembly guy will get them next week. Probably take a week for assembly and another week to finish assembly.

You pay shipping for the black boards and I'll send them to you. Swap the old for the new boards and ship the old ones to me. Don't remove the old ones until you get the black ones. This way you only have to open up the buckets once for the swap.
rgolia
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 8 2016, 11:35 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 7 2016, 01:46 PM) *

Ralph, not a problem. Here's what we can do. Boards are expected this week. My assembly guy will get them next week. Probably take a week for assembly and another week to finish assembly.

You pay shipping for the black boards and I'll send them to you. Swap the old for the new boards and ship the old ones to me. Don't remove the old ones until you get the black ones. This way you only have to open up the buckets once for the swap.

Jerry...you are the man.....perhaps we could do the swap at Hersey too.
bandjoey
Can you tell us about when these will be ready? Color of the backboard doesn't matter for me. Thanks
Spoke
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 13 2016, 02:07 AM) *

Can you tell us about when these will be ready? Color of the backboard doesn't matter for me. Thanks

We're shipping the front LED boards now. We build them as folks order them. It's been taking about 3 weeks from payment to shipment.
76-914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 14 2016, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 13 2016, 02:07 AM) *

We're shipping the front LED boards now. We build them as folks order them. It's been taking about 3 weeks from payment to shipment.

Good news!
bandjoey
I haven't been billed yet. Where do I send money to?
76-914
Bill, send your $$ first then wait ~3 weeks.
Spoke
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 2 2016, 10:46 PM) *

Thanks Bill

PM sent. Sorry I missed your request.

About the side marker, assuming you mean the front marker. I don't have a solution for that bulb. Only doing the front/rear turnsignals and brakes.
Spoke
Just got the black boards from the fab. They look pretty cool. We'll build a couple of Euro boards with these.

Click to view attachment
rgolia
Are you making a replacement set in black for me? piratenanner.gif
drem914
So if we want a set of black with the euro set up do we need to specify black or green for the boards at time of order?

When will you be doing sets for the rear break lights?
Spoke
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 21 2016, 11:24 AM) *

Yeah, yours will be the first set assembled. Should see them in about 2 weeks.
76-914
Got my Euro Style today. Very nice. Thx Jerry
Spoke
QUOTE(drem914 @ Mar 21 2016, 12:31 PM) *

So if we want a set of black with the euro set up do we need to specify black or green for the boards at time of order?

Yes. We'll make Euro boards with the black PCBs if requested. US boards will continue in green.

When will you be doing sets for the rear break lights?

We're just finishing up this run of rear PCBs. I think we have a single set of brake PCBs left. Both of my assemblers have kid stuff ramping up and likely we'll take a break for a while then get back to the rear PCBs again later in the year.
Spoke
QUOTE(rgolia @ Mar 21 2016, 11:24 AM) *

The black boards came out nice. Wasn't sure how they would clean up and they look great.
whitetwinturbo
beerchug.gif
rgolia
Those do look good...are they mine? piratenanner.gif
jbachert
Spoke - I totally missed this. Did I miss the boat on this one or do you have any sets left? I bought the rears and was waiting for the fronts and missed the thread.

Let me know,
John
Spoke
QUOTE(jbachert @ Apr 21 2016, 09:25 PM) *

Spoke - I totally missed this. Did I miss the boat on this one or do you have any sets left? I bought the rears and was waiting for the fronts and missed the thread.

Let me know,
John

John,

Right on time. I have several sets of all amber and white/amber ready to go. Bring the 914 by and we can drop a set right in. beerchug.gif
whitetwinturbo
.......my fronts are great. Any rears left?
Spoke
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Apr 22 2016, 12:44 PM) *

.......my fronts are great. Any rears left?

Good to hear about the fronts. Yes, I have a set of brakes and red turnsignals ready to ship. Will have more boards in about week.
jbachert
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 21 2016, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(jbachert @ Apr 21 2016, 09:25 PM) *

Let me know,
John

John,

Right on time. I have several sets of all amber and white/amber ready to go. Bring the 914 by and we can drop a set right in. beerchug.gif

Put a set of the all amber aside for me. I'll PM you tomorrow to work out when we can meet up.

Thanks,
John
SirAndy
I'll take a set of the Euro's with the black board if possible ...
beerchug.gif
lonewolfe
I'd like a set of the Euro front signals as well. How much are the Euro rear light assemblies and are they available still?
Spoke
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Apr 22 2016, 09:48 PM) *

I'd like a set of the Euro front signals as well. How much are the Euro rear light assemblies and are they available still?

All Front and Rear boards are available:

Brake LED boards: $90/pair
Rear Red or Amber turnsignals boards: $100/pair
Front Amber Turnsignals: $125/pair
Front White + Amber (Euro) boards in black or green: $145/pair
rgolia
Thank you Spoke for the black front boards....they look great with the Italian lenses.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.