Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grounding Tab Locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
When I re-installed the fuel tank in Whitey I saw this looking at me. As often as this subject comes up I had completely forgotten about this ground tab. Only on the 75-76 models with the front located fuel pump. And by next week I will have probably forgotten again. headbang.gif slits.gif

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Guess I've never looked inside a 75-76 fuel tank area as I've never seen that ground strap!
ndfrigi
My 75 1.8 has that ground too for the fuel pump.
74ravenna
Is there a list of all the ground locations?

Thanks
76-914
I think they're listed on Bowsley's website.
Tom_T
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 24 2016, 07:47 AM) *

And by next week I will have probably forgotten again. headbang.gif slits.gif

I hear ya on that one Kent!

I just write it off as Half-zymers - where you remember half the sh*t, half the time! biggrin.gif

Yes, ground tab added on all 1.8 & 2.0 75-76 MY 914s to ground the relocated to the front trunk fuel pump.

So those with older 70-74 914s who do/did the Factory TSB recco to relocate the rear fuel pump up under the steering rack cover, would have to add a drilled/screwed-in ground next to the relocation spot up under there.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
76-914
Hey Tom, Did ya notice this one's a virgin? As soon as I re-install the OEM alum windshield frame I'm back to 100% stock. And ya'll thought all I did was butcher 'em. beerchug.gif
JFJ914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 24 2016, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 24 2016, 07:47 AM) *

And by next week I will have probably forgotten again. headbang.gif slits.gif

I hear ya on that one Kent!

I just write it off as Half-zymers - where you remember half the sh*t, half the time! biggrin.gif

Yes, ground tab added on all 1.8 & 2.0 75-76 MY 914s to ground the relocated to the front trunk fuel pump.

So those with older 70-74 914s who do/did the Factory TSB recco to relocate the rear fuel pump up under the steering rack cover, would have to add a drilled/screwed-in ground next to the relocation spot up under there.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Or just run the ground to the ground post behind the fuse box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.