Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: twin throttle linkage...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
crash914
smilie_pokal.gif THANKS GUYS!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Follow up....

I found the extension for the connection on the butterfly linkage, installed it.

Then I shorteded up the drop links by 3/4 inches.

Low and behold IT WORKS!!! wub.gif

I just finished installing the motor and re-connecting the Mega-squirt....

Of course I just had to fire it up...with no exhaust!

ha ha...everyone in my house was right up above the garage watching TV...then they all had to change their pants!!

I rocked the house!! aktion035.gif
I also woke up all the dogs in the neighborhood..

All I have to do is throw the tires back on, drop it down and go for a spin...tomorrow...

So far, no sign of any oil leaks!!! I might be back on the road Monday!!

Oh yea..this is one bad ass motor...I got to be over 150 hp.....when is the next dyno day????

Thanks again for all the support from the board...Thanks Brad for making this happen!
later...

JoeSharp
Kewl thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JoeSharp
Herb: Check out the linkage on Chris Foley's engine bay on Jakes thread about Chris's new engine.
biggrin.gif Joe
rhodyguy
motorvating!! happy easter! your neighbors will have liked it better when the car was on jackstands. 150 w00t.gif , should be quite zoomy.

k
crash914
Yea, I just went around the block a few times...I think I pissed off the neighborhood....at least I waited until noon....

There is something about breaking the tires loose in 2nd gear...I haven't done that before....

before I pulled the engine, I was reading 77HP with my G-tech...got to try it again...

I have some rough spots in acceleration, but I have not tuned the Ms yet...I have got to get some real gas too....a little pinging...8 to 28 deg. of advance...

The idle is good.

got to fix a wire on my Wide band O2 readout...then I can tune...still it was a rush just going around the block. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I won't drive to work..that will make sure that I tune it in better before driving...

man this thing is quick...can't wait until Memorial day at the track!!!
JoeSharp
I say again!! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
biggrin.gif Joe
crash914
I knew that it was comming......now where did I put that camera.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.