Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing in the house!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
don9146
What kind of lap times were you running? Just curious, I know you are unfamiliar with the track (but aint it great!) and it was raining.
JFJ914
Jake, Chris, what caused the mosquito fogger effect ohmy.gif at the end of the race? Valve cover gasket I hope! Will you have an engine for Summit Point?

Jake, pm me about the wiring harness.
Jake Raby
Yeah he sucked in a valve cover gasket...

He will be at summit point, he is finishing my roll cage in the 914 now and leaving tonight heading that way..

We are already repairing the "new" engine..

He is switching to DTM cooling this time too.
william harris
Jake: get off the computer and call me. Waiting by the phone 6:23 pm smash.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (John Jentz @ Mar 29 2005, 05:11 PM)
what caused the mosquito fogger effect ohmy.gif

That kind of smoke show from my car typically indicates a VC gasket out of position on the driver's side. My header has tubes right below that the oil drips on and makes a lot of smoke. It doesn't take much oil to put on a good display. (It might be something else, since I was trying a new oil system component. As soon as I get off my ass and go outside to work on the car I'll know for sure what it was.)
I continued un-phased until I saw the meatball flag at start/finish. I responded to that just about the time a full course caution came out. When I drove down pit lane there was no-one visible to talk to so I re-entered the track - right behind the pace car, lol. Then I was at the front of the entire field for two laps with smoke billowing out of the engine lid, how embarassing! Not a great finish to an already disappointing weekend. sad.gif Not only that I had a "talking to" in pit lane by an official about my failure to stop for a consultation. unsure.gif laugh.gif
My best lap during the race was only a 1:52, which under the circumstances was ok. With this engine I think I should have been able to run 1:48s though. I did have some fun with a G Prod Civic on the track. I was faster and he knew his way around better.

Pete and I arrived at my brother's place in Tennessee around midnight last night. We'll regroup here and take care of the little issues that plagued me during the race. Then it's off to Summit for the National this weekend.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (william harris @ Mar 29 2005, 06:24 PM)
Jake: get off the computer and call me. Waiting by the phone 6:23 pm smash.gif

btw, William, I have three boxes of parts for your engine in my truck. smile.gif
crash914
Chris, when will you be at NHIS???

I have a friend who will be running there so I would like to say hi....
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (crash914 @ Mar 30 2005, 12:20 PM)
Chris, when will you be at NHIS???

I'll be at the National on May1.
guywan914
Chris you didn't think to bring home an extra RAT 2300 for a certian someone??? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.