Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Martini 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben*james
Does a member here own this beautiful car?

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
That image is from a video game
ben*james
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Mar 2 2016, 08:28 PM) *

blink.gif

Ah...I see it now.

Does the car exist?
Larmo63
"Does the car exist?"

It should.
ben*james
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 2 2016, 08:38 PM) *

"Does the car exist?"

It should.

aktion035.gif

Nuf said!
Chris H.
A better version does...

Click to view attachment

Not mine BTW...Scott S built it and owned it for many years.
falcor75
Click to view attachment

My restoration is a bit Martini themed aswell.... bye1.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=203294
ssuperflyoldguy
Not a fan of Cookie Cutters but those look REALLY good.
falcor75
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Mar 3 2016, 08:20 AM) *

They're not my favorites either but they were cheap. When I bought them they had black centers and I did a Quick plastidip coat with the "Vintage Gold" colour and it turned out really nice. Might have them painted like this once the plastidip had faded.

Last page in my build thread theres a video and I love how they look when the car just starts to move....
somd914
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 3 2016, 02:29 AM) *

They're not my favorites either but they were cheap. When I bought them they had black centers and I did a Quick plastidip coat with the "Vintage Gold" colour and it turned out really nice. Might have them painted like this once the plastidip had faded.

Last page in my build thread theres a video and I love how they look when the car just starts to move....

For what it's worth, I like the look of cookie cutters on 914s, and the gold centers with the martini livery is great - beautiful car beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ben*james @ Mar 2 2016, 11:16 PM) *

Does a member here own this beautiful car?

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Mar 2 2016, 11:28 PM) *

Although I'm not a huge fan of tribute cars, and I know this is from a game, but I really like this. wub.gif
Whoever was the graphic artist they did a real nice job, I love the decal proportions and placement.
I also like the fact it's a narrow body with fuchs.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(somd914 @ Mar 3 2016, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 3 2016, 02:29 AM) *

For what it's worth, I like the look of cookie cutters on 914s, and the gold centers with the martini livery is great - beautiful car beerchug.gif

Great choice.
I've always thought the angular look of those wheels suited the 914 shape very well.
ben*james
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 2 2016, 11:03 PM) *

Mats - I was hoping you would chime in here. I saw your website in my search as well as your thread. I'll PM you a few questions if you don't mind.

Your car is spectacular!

smilie_pokal.gif
ben*james
[/quote]

Although I'm not a huge fan of tribute cars, and I know this is from a game, but I really like this. wub.gif
Whoever was the graphic artist they did a real nice job, I love the decal proportions and placement.
[/quote]

Agree with you - whoever put the colors where they are, did an outstanding job. It suits my eye.

So if this car doesn't really exist, I guess there would be no harm in copying it? confused24.gif
Mark Henry
name='ben*james' date='Mar 3 2016, 10:17 AM' post='2310744']

Agree with you - whoever put the colors where they are, did an outstanding job. It suits my eye.

So if this car doesn't really exist, I guess there would be no harm in copying it? confused24.gif

Go for it! beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
ben*james
!!!

Does anyone know what video game this is from?..

Wish I was a gamer
Scott S
The last time I saw it in 2013 - being loaded on its way to the new owner.

Click to view attachment

It has been sold at least one more time since.

I really miss having a 914.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(ben*james @ Mar 3 2016, 10:00 AM) *

!!!

Does anyone know what video game this is from?..

Wish I was a gamer

Some version of Forza Motorsports
Chris H.
QUOTE(Scott S @ Mar 3 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

It was a great car Scott. You transformed it. Always liked your posts with updates. There just wasn't anything left to do to it!

Time for another one! How about a Ferry Porsche 914-8 tribute? Obviously you'll need an alternative powerplant but the look would be cool.
Jazz914
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 3 2016, 08:03 AM) *

Great car!
I hope to see Martina live here in Sweden one day beerchug.gif
Cracker
Scott - I tried to encourage you to get another one not too long ago...do it! beerchug.gif

Tony

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 3 2016, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Scott S @ Mar 3 2016, 12:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

It was a great car Scott. You transformed it. Always liked your posts with updates. There just wasn't anything left to do to it!

Time for another one! How about a Ferry Porsche 914-8 tribute? Obviously you'll need an alternative powerplant but the look would be cool.

falcor75
QUOTE(ben*james @ Mar 3 2016, 04:12 PM) *

Mats - I was hoping you would chime in here. I saw your website in my search as well as your thread. I'll PM you a few questions if you don't mind.

Your car is spectacular!

smilie_pokal.gif

PM away...and thank you. smile.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 3 2016, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(ben*james @ Mar 3 2016, 04:12 PM) *

Your car is spectacular!

smilie_pokal.gif

PM away...and thank you. smile.gif

Pm sent!

ben*james
piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

On the way to Oregon. If I can get motivated, I'll have a martini replica like the picture by WCR.

Oh,...uh: I might need some help.
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 2 2016, 11:29 PM) *

Went thru the Martini thread n watched the video - looks good - so jealous except you kept it hostage for a few years, get it on the road! Glad I have a 914 even more after seeing your's move. Love the fuelie setup, always wanted to do my own fuel injection. I have 8 x 9" 15" BBS's - Like em but really want Fuchs - going to have to sell my 4 x 7x16" Fuchs & get some 8" & 9" 17" Fakes to fit under my GT Fenders...
falcor75
QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Mar 13 2016, 06:46 AM) *

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 2 2016, 11:29 PM) *

Went thru the Martini thread n watched the video - looks good - so jealous except you kept it hostage for a few years, get it on the road! Glad I have a 914 even more after seeing your's move. Love the fuelie setup, always wanted to do my own fuel injection. I have 8 x 9" 15" BBS's - Like em but really want Fuchs - going to have to sell my 4 x 7x16" Fuchs & get some 8" & 9" 17" Fakes to fit under my GT Fenders...

Well it wasnt so much a hostage as in intensive care and on lifesupport. But its not far off from driving now. another month or two. Still have 10 inches of snow and the streets are filled with sand and salt. Dont really want to get it out into that too much. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.