Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Valley Autocross - 4/2/05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Steve_7x
... 10 days.

Hope to see many of you 914 Autocrossers out there for Sacramento Valley Region's 1st Autocross of 2005.

Information can be found here: http://svr-autocross.deter.com/

Don't let the pre-reg scare you - the intent is to make registration in the morning easier.

Hopefully the weather will be sunny and warm and that we have many 914's in attendance. :-)

Cheers!
Trekkor
Thanks for the heads up, Steve.

I'm iffy right now.
Can't do 'em all. Have to pick and choose. confused24.gif

KT
Mueller
sounds tempting...it's a heck of a lot closer for me than Marina icon8.gif ...and for you too TK
Brad Roberts
Steve,

I see "my clan" bringing at least 5 cars if not more.

Andy
Birgit
Britain
Me
Lyressa

I'll try and talk Darren and Jason into driving out also with their 914's.

We need to reset the toe on your car before you run it. Bring tools. 17mm socket/torque wrench and a MM tape measure. I'll bring tools also. Let me know if you need to bleed the brakes. I'll show up early to help get everything dialed in prior to you running the event.

B
Steve_7x
Trekkor... read what Mueller said... easy drive and if the past is any indication, we will have many, many runs :-)

Brad... thanks for the follow up... I have all the tools needed in the trailer - except for the measuring tape. My neighbor helped me bleed the brakes, but a quick double check would be great. I'll be there way early as I am part of the committee to help set-up... I'll post the time I will be there once we get closer. Thanks again!

Steve
Brad Roberts
I would like to see a FAT 914 turnout for this event. Steve is a diehard 914 guy and Porsche person since he was born. Lets show him some support and attend "his" event. From what I gather.. his site is "AutoX friendly" which is more than I can say for some of the other venues in our area. Please... show your support and SHOW UP. I'll probably drag out the enclosed trailer and bring spare parts to help other 914 people out in need. Might even drag out the 3.0 9146 (Yeamans car) and run it.

B
Brad Roberts
Porsche Club of America
Sacramento Valley Region Presents
Autocross Driving Event
Saturday April 2, 2005
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
Stockton, CA

Morning check-in and tech from 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Late check-in and tech from 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
First car out at 9 A.M. ยท No open exhaust.
Fee: $35 per driver.

Completed Registration due by March 28, 2005.

General Information
Beginners are welcome, and instructors are available. Make sure to check the beginner box on the registration form so we can pair you with an instructor.
A Snell 90 (or later) S or MA rated helment is required. There are a few loaner helmets available.
All event participants must sign the liability release during check-in.
By registering, you agree to work your assigned work group and position.
By registering, you agree to run with your assigned car number.
No passengers are permitted on course unless one of the occupants of the car is an approved instructor!
Event course, safety, and operations compliant with PCA Zone 7 Autocross Rules (PDF document; sections 3, 4, & 5).
This is a "Fun Run" event and not part of the Zone Series.
Pack a lunch and drinks for the day since there are no nearby food establishments.
Click here to Register

Site Location
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
1658 S. Airport Way (@ Charter Way)
Stockton, CA 95206
Directions from I-5 or Hwy-99: Take Highway 4 (Cross-town Freeway) toward Downtown Stockton. Take the Wilson Way exit and turn South onto Wilson Way. At Charter Way, turn left and then right through the gate into the fairgrounds. Follow the access road, bear left at the Y-intersection, continue straight, and then turn right to enter the parking lot.

Questions? Contact Matt Deter, porsche@deter.com or phone (916) 630-8924.

SVR Autocross Calendar
April 2 -- May 8 -- Sept 10 & 11 (Zone) -- October 1 -- Nov 13 (Infineon)
Steve_7x
Brad...

Thanks for the encouragement to the group and the additional details.

For all,

The crew that put on the event at Infineon last November is the same one for this event. As I recall everyone had loads of fun.

Andretti's trailer will not be there at this event ;-)

See you all on 4/2!

Steve

Brad Roberts
Question Steve:

This is a "Fun Run" event and not part of the Zone Series.

Why is this NOT a zone event ?? What makes an event "zone" or not ?

B
Andyrew
I hope to drive down and drive the 914 to this event!

Dont know how far im going to be with it. Probably no rear flares.. but maybe... (no 17's unless Andy somehow gets me his spacers by then.. lol)

But hopefully this will be able to be a great test day for me.

Andrew
grantsfo
I'll try to make it if I get my front brake bias problems worked out. I dont want to flat spot my tires any more than I did this past weekend.
J P Stein
Where's their schedule? Sacramento is closer to Yuba city than SF.
9146R
I think the date works - this is a good deal closer for us ebay 914 owners. I have heard the Stockton fairgrounds is a tighter or shorter course than the candlestick parking lot...anyone know from previous events ?
ChrisReale
I need to get my rough running car sorted before i do any type of event. sad.gif
Steve_7x
Brad,

The Zone series is where each member region puts on one autocross that will be part of the Zone series championship. Last year SVR partnered with SNR for the weekend in Reno. Unfortunately no Reno event this year. :-(

The Zone Calendar is here:

http://www.pca.org/zone7/index.php?page=ax

The first Zone 7 event is in Santa Rosa on April 16/17

SVR will be working with Yosemite region this year, and we will run in September in Stockton.

JP...

Unfortunately our schedule is not up on the SVR web page - but I hope it will be soon. In teh mean time the link at the top is the best to get info.

Other dates in our series are:

May 8
Sept 10 & 11 (Zone)
October 1
Nov 13 (Infineon)
Steve_7x
9146r,

Agreed - this should be a very short drive for east bay 914 owners.

Yes the course is tighter then Alameda or Candlestick - there isn't as much room... BUT you should know that SCCA has run there for 2 years know so it is bigger then a postage stamp.

Steve
Andyrew
Tight course eh?

Sounds like it will be interesting for the v8... lol

They will allow a v8... right?

Since this is a fun run, I assume this is a "run what you brung"

Andrew
Steve_7x
Andy

Come on out and give it a whirl... we have had a few v8 conversions co,e out over the years...

Steve
jgiroux67
How much does it cost to come and watch? My cars still a little ways from being done, but I still want to check it out.
Trekkor
Sign the waiver. Free to watch.

KT
Andyrew
Never costs money to watch.

You can drive another car.. Got anything else sporty? Just tell em you have a porsche and your finishing it... 35 bucks and your good for loads of fun!!!

I'd let you drive mine... but I want to break it myself... lol
ConeDodger
I will be there as well though not with my 914. sad.gif I will be driving my Boxster and wishing the 914 was ready for prime time. You will know its me because my license plates say CONEDGR (Cone Dodger). I will also be quite early as I am on the committee as well.
Lets show them 25 914s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Sime
Sacramento Valley Region
chilli
driving.gif The SVR webpage does not have a specific recap of the autox dates. The five dates are included in the calendar which is available here

www.derporsche.net/2005 Calendar.xls

Just click on the tabs at the bottom for each month. Once I get some other stuff cleaned up will improve the "activities" section and have all the dates etc. for autox, rallye (this is way I spell it), tours etc.

If I can find some tires will try and bring out the "brown car" to play with.

mike biggrin.gif
Jenny
Hi Chilli!! wavey.gif Welcome to the club. If you don't remember, I'm the gal that got those mercedes rims for you from LA a coupla years ago. Glad to see you found us!

Jen
Steve_7x
Rob...

Good to see you ont he board... we need to get your 914 on course in the near future. driving.gif

Mike,

Thanks for picking up the ball on the web site and getting things in order. You have done so much for SVR clap.gif Thank You!!!

Steve

Mueller
just a reminder about this Sat.......sign up and show up smilie_pokal.gif

if I actually make it, this will be my 1st auto-x in my own 914 besides auto-x school like 8 years ago.....

got to get rid of the bungi cord on my battery and bolt it down properly so that I will pass tech smash.gif biggrin.gif

chilli
beerchug.gif """If I can find some tires will try and bring out the "brown car" to play with."""" smash.gif

Well am getting tires but will not be here for saturday. Actually OK as schedule does not work for going this saturday anyway. Bought the Hoosier's that were on sale, see what happens now with the fenders. They have "been rolled" for years hopefully enough of a roll.

mike driving.gif
Steve_7x
icon_bump.gif

Countdown is now at two days.

Matt, SVR's Autocross Chair stated we have nearly 30 pre-regs, and others have stated they will be there. Weather should be good - mostly sunny and in the mid 70's... perfect weather for driving your 914. Hope you can make it!

Steve

Andyrew
GAAAH

dont rememind me...

Should have it running by 2pm today...

Oh boy.

You guys dont mind if its not in primer.... right?? Bare metal is cool... right???

lol
Dman
Steve, how tough are they on the registration date?

I have been out of town for 10 days scuba.gif drunk.gif and just registered today.

I plan on being there, do you think they will let me run?
chilli
ohmy.gif The online regestration is to give us an approximate count. YES you can run by showing up .

Come and have fun,
Mike driving.gif
Dman
Cool.... I'll be there!
Steve_7x
Mike...

Thanks for the reply to Dman.

Dman... just register like any other Autocross when you get there on Saturday am. If you can get their early - we could use a hand settign up.

Andy...

No issues with primer... ;-)

Steve
grantsfo
Think I can drive up for this AX. I can just show up right?
Andyrew
Yup

BTW steve... I remember that your car was the car that promted me to get a 914 instead of a mustang...

Remember a kid and a dad coming up to you about 3 years ago talking about bla bla bla?... we had a red 944 turbo (still do)

Na, I doubt you remember... lol
Mueller
bummer....I'm going to miss another auto-x....gotta work
Sat/Sun to help pay for the new 914 parts that I've got in the planning stages.... smash.gif

have fun MDB2.gif
dan10101
QUOTE (Steve_7x @ Mar 31 2005, 03:32 PM)

Andy...

No issues with primer... ;-)

Steve

How about nice shiny bare metal. ohmy.gif
Trekkor
Somebody take some pics!

KT
Andyrew
Pics, video, incar.. the works!!

We wont stay for the evening session though... (I think..)

Andrew
SirAndy
on my way ...

driving.gif Andy
SirAndy
well, that was fun!!! boldblue.gif

brad and i took out scott yeaman's original /6, 3.0L, 245HP, narrowbody, streetlegal (and streetdriven) car ... smilie_pokal.gif
thanks scott for letting us have fun with your car! pray.gif

fortunately for brad, i had a hard time getting used to that amount of power, i was pushing too hard in all the wrong places.
it was a fast course (think 911 style) and i didn't spun out once or twice but THREE times (in the same corner) headbang.gif

anywho, still managed to get within 1/3 second of brads time ...
Brad = 29.8
Me = 30.09

TTOD was either a low 27 or high 26, don't remember ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: here's a (older, not from today) pic of scotts car ...
grantsfo
Great AX! Good showing of 914s today! Lots of fun watching everyone - I think I learn more from just watching sometimes.

I was driving the 1.8. Got a 30.375 on my last run. Was trying to get into the "cool" group who broke 30 seconds but I just couldnt beat that out of the car or myself. I did do a first class tire smoking engine killing spin on my second run.

Trekkor
i had a hard time getting used to that amount of power, i was pushing too hard in all the wrong places.

Now you you feel my pain...

KT
Trekkor
Where are the pictures?
dan10101
Sorry, this is the best I could do. I need to get to bed..

http://teamgracer.com/cars/PCA-AX-4-2-05/P...A-AX-4-2-05.htm

Not many good ones this time. Over exposed somehow... confused24.gif

dan10101
I'll need to figure out the thumbnails.. in the meantime it'll do..

We had a great time. (and I didn't even drive!)
The car stayed together. Andrew didn't drive around in circles. And Mom even had fun.

Too bad we had to rush off to our remodling project. Next time...

Dan
Trekkor
Thanks Dan.

That SBC sounds great. Nice build Andrew:clap:

KT
Scott Carlberg
SHOOT! sad.gif

Why did I have to read this at 10.41pm, on the 2nd!

Hope you all had fun!
grantsfo
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Apr 2 2005, 10:33 PM)
Sorry, this is the best I could do. I need to get to bed..

http://teamgracer.com/cars/PCA-AX-4-2-05/P...A-AX-4-2-05.htm

Not many good ones this time. Over exposed somehow... confused24.gif

Thanks for taking the time to take these shots!
Trekkor
How many cars in the field and how many runs ya git?

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.