Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help needed fast!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Okay, so I got the car running for 45 seconds. Then it just cut off. Now there's no spark. There's a little plug-thingy on the side of the dizzy that I didn't unplug. I'm thinking that was the "module" that wasn't supposed to be there. Is that the "module" the directions said to remove? If so, would leaving it in fry the XR700 box? If so- shit. Does anyone have one they'd sell me and next day it?

THANKS!
Cole monkeydance.gif
Aaron Cox
you have a wiring diagram you could scan and post?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 23 2005, 08:17 PM)
Okay, so I got the car running for 45 seconds. Then it just cut off. Now there's no spark. There's a little plug-thingy on the side of the dizzy that I didn't unplug.

D-Jet car? could be the trigger point connector. you need it.

could be the old condensor. if it's not connected to anything, it won't hurt anything...
ws91420
Do they recomend a different coil? Did you get a new coil? Just a couple ideas I'm throwing out there. The plug at the bottom of the distrib is for your FI points it has a three wire connector if I remember right.
lapuwali
Pull off the dizzy cap and make sure the sensor and shutter wheel are still attached to what they're supposed to be attached to. If that looks OK, check the LED on the side of the Crane box to see if it lights up as you rotate the engine. One of the advantages of the Crane is that it's relatively hard to blow up.

Double check all of the other connections, like Crane box to coil and that all of the plug wires are still well seated in the cap and the coil.
Brad Roberts
I had an XR700 melt a Bosch rotor.. the center of it. It gave me a NO spark situation.

Do you have a digital camera ? take a pic of your dizzy for us with the cap off.

I'm betting the plug you are seeing was for the trigger points. If this is unplugged..it wont stop the car from having spark.. it just on wont run if it is still injected.

B
Aaron Cox
agree.gif pics needed
Joe Bob
I toasted a stock coil with an MSD box....
wrpspddrvr
Thanks so much everyone, see my latest post: IT RUNS!!!

Cole monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.