Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pacman
Hi guys,

My name is Parker Carey . I just joined the group and figured id introduce myself. I'm 19 now and just bought my first 914 last summer. It's just a 73 1.7 but I love learning about them and hearing advice from people with experience. They are such fun cars and seem like around every corner is something to learn. I look foward to meeting you guys hopefully at some of the rallies and appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to the youth, it means a lot and we love cars too!
r_towle
welcome.png
pacman
Here is a few pics of the car.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
pacman
smile.gif Click to view attachment
Larmo63
You're awesome!!!

welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(pacman @ Mar 5 2016, 09:05 PM) *
I look foward to meeting you guys hopefully at some of the rallies and appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to the youth, it means a lot and we love cars too!

Have you signed up for this? It's not too far from where you are ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=273426
smile.gif

PS: welcome.png
pacman
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 5 2016, 11:16 PM) *

QUOTE(pacman @ Mar 5 2016, 09:05 PM) *
I look foward to meeting you guys hopefully at some of the rallies and appreciate you guys taking the time to talk to the youth, it means a lot and we love cars too!

Have you signed up for this? It's not too far from where you are ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=273426
smile.gif

PS: welcome.png

Just talked to my dad and grandpa trying to coordinate. Definitely gonna try! Could be up to three of us with three cars. It looks/sounds like a blast! Thanks
pacman
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 5 2016, 11:10 PM) *

You're awesome!!!

welcome.png

Haha thanks. It's nice to know other people who appreciate the hobby! Never been in a forum like this before
Tom_T
welcome.png Carey!

Enjoy your new toy! driving.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
Welcome to 914world! And a very nice start with a running and complete car!
jack20
Beautiful car, Parker! Nice introduction. You're going to love it here.
PancakePorsche
welcome.png You will never be without a friend here at the world ! I bought my first one when 19 as well. Enjoy.
Mikey914
QUOTE(pacman @ Mar 5 2016, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 5 2016, 11:10 PM) *

You're awesome!!!

welcome.png

Haha thanks. It's nice to know other people who appreciate the hobby! Never been in a forum like this before

This forum is not like most, you will find lost of good folks. If you can make the rally you will enjoy it.
JawjaPorsche
Welcome to the Madness!

welcome.png
Cuda911
Welcome and congrats, the car looks great! Can you post some interior pix?

What's the story behind the car?
maddog
welcome.png I love black 914's, welcome to the forum.
JOEPROPER
Welcome. I wish I started when I was 19. welcome.png

TheCabinetmaker
Welcome Carey. I bought my first 914 at 23. That was 45 years ago.
Puebloswatcop
welcome.png Nice to see youth involved....Welcome Parker. Have fun
RabbitStew914
I'm new to the forum as well - Nice to meet you! You've got a lot of fun ahead of you in that car, congrats on the buy. A Porsche at 19... how awesome.
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Enjoy.... that's the point. aktion035.gif
pacman
Here is a few pics of the interior for those whom asked. I bought it up in Seattle. It was originally red but resprayed black (which I like better anyways) sometime in the past. It'seems never going to be show car material but just a fun driver. Motor was rebuilt about 6k ago. Paid $2,700 off of cl. It's got just enough that needs fixed to keep me entertained but still is a good and fun driver. Thanks for all the encouragement guys, I already love this forum and feel the comradery. Look forward to meeting you guys sometime in the near future! Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
pacman
(:Click to view attachment
76-914
welcome.png Nice car at a great price. Welcome to the Madness.
Gmanscott55
Welcome!! I am a recent newbie myself. A lot of helpful members here. Enjoy the car! driving.gif
BeemerSteve
welcome.png Welcome to one of the best forums online!!! I know this for a fact as I've own a few different cars over the years. These guys are very dedicated to their cars and most all know their stuff if you get into a jamb. aktion035.gif
whitetwinturbo
Parker.........."smokin-deal" i'd say at that price.

I was 19 when my [then] g/friend drives up in a white 914...whoa that was 40+ years ago.

Welcome to party aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
struckn
welcome.png

Hi Parker from an East Coaster. You have bought not only a Classic Sports Car that you're going to enjoy the heck out of, but also as a new member to 914World you are now an International Celebrity.

first.gif
Dion
Parker, welcome and congrats! Enjoy every aspect of that little car! Most info you'll ever need can be found in these forums.
I bought mine when I was 21, (thirty years ago) sometimes how I wish this forum existed then, always learning something.
Again welcome, nice to know they're still young car guys out there. Have fun!
Mr.Nobody
Looks like a really nice car. Welcome to the boards!!
Montreal914
welcome.png

Great buy aktion035.gif
Fun car cheer.gif
Good year first.gif
Drive, drive, drive driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Loads of fun smash.gif
Great site with very nice and helpful people pray.gif

Welcome to the madness wacko.gif
Btw there is no cure assimilate.gif
... Unless someone found it rolleyes.gif
porschetub
[quote name='Mikey914' date='Mar 6 2016, 09:29 PM' post='2311912']
[quote name='pacman' post='2311887' date='Mar 5 2016, 09:25 PM']
[quote name='Larmo63' post='2311879' date='Mar 5 2016, 11:10 PM']
You're awesome!!!

welcome.png
[/quote]

[/quote]
This forum is not like most, you will find lost of good folks. If you can make the rally you will enjoy it.

100% on that myself truely welcome.png .
I have just fitted my engine ,car isn't running yet but I look @ my car and love the concept and the engineering in these little jewels,you appear to have a clean example as I have purchased and its a major step ahead that the normal issues aren't there to hold you back.

Funny I saw my first 914 at your age but never bought it ...fast forward to now and I have one ,priceless really....bit older now.
Good luck smile.gif
ConeDodger
welcome.png awfully nice looking 914 for such a youngster!

abes914
welcome.png
congratulations on a great car!
it is encouraging that a "younger" driver is enjoying driving a manual transmission.
beerchug.gif "that is rootbeer we are toasting since you are under the age" laugh.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png

Ask as many questions as you can. There's not much that someone here won't know.

Konrad
euro911
Cool beans, Parker! aktion035.gif

I bought my first 914 (a gold '71 1.7L) back in 1973 (I was 19 as well). My mom beat me up over it, saying it was an impractical car for my needs (I really needed a truck or a van for my dirt bikes), so I only had the car for a [very] short time dry.gif

Glad to see another youngin' join the ranks - we need you young guys and girls to carry on the tradition ... because a lot of us old farts are, well - old farts now laugh.gif

There are a lot of good folks on this forum (which happens to be the BEST 914 forum on earth) biggrin.gif ... and a lot of active members are up in the PNW too cool_shades.gif

I also share your color scheme with my '75 (the 'BB')

welcome.png

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
welcome.png Terrific car and a good buy. I bought my 1st 914, a brand new '73 2.0 when I was a bit younger than you. I have loved them ever since. Have fun, be safe and enjoy the journey.
wndsnd
Welcome. Looks like a nice car.

welcome.png
PlantMan
welcome.png
Good Times!
You will be looking for another to buy soon!
green914
welcome.png bye1.gif
rhodyguy
It was great having lunch with you and your dad in grants pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.