Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper part #'s for -6 oil line with Carrera tensioner update?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mskala
I'm trying to understand the correct oil line to buy for a -6 when you are using
Carrera tensioners. For the (4-5-6) bank, I got one that is too short.

If I remember correctly, later engine cases had another big sender/adapter sticking
out in that location. I also found this line on Paragon-products "1967-73 engines will require an adapter to properly space the right side cam tower oil line."

So, anybody know where to get a proper adapter, or if there's a real oil line still made that will be long enough? (I know I had one 15 years ago)

Thanks
wndsnd
Did you move your oil pressure sending unit and that adapter it screws into?
mskala
Early engines did not have one.
mskala
Found this pic. Early cars didn't have that big sender and the block it's screwed into.
Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Oh, I see what you are saying. Your sender was never there and the new pressure lines are short without it.

You can get that adapter for $30ish new and I believe is is 12MM hole on top you can bolt and gasket if you dont want to mount a sensor.
wndsnd
You will need this through line as well.

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Here
1/2 way down page $31.50 and $16.00

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC..._ENGOIL_pg5.htm
mskala
Great I couldn't get the proper year car so those would be listed.

I'm probably just going to make a piece out of brass that looks like the combination of both but no other port.

Thanks
rgalla9146
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 11 2016, 03:27 PM) *

You will need this through line as well.

Click to view attachment

Someone tortured that sender.
wndsnd
That sender is dead and buried.
mskala
This should do the trick. Decided it should be steel.

Click to view attachment

Hope the recess I put in for the ferrule is good enough.
mskala
Okay, custom adapter installed. This pic is before installing engine,
but it's not leaking now that I got it running.
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
longer line for early engines
http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/PELC...amp;SVSVSI=5863

Weltmeister used to sell a longer fitting to screw into the engine case,,I haven't seen it for sale for awhile though
porschetub
QUOTE(mskala @ Mar 14 2016, 02:25 PM) *

This should do the trick. Decided it should be steel.

Click to view attachment

Hope the recess I put in for the ferrule is good enough.
sorry but fitting has poorly done OD threads,i suspect that's the issue you need a clean machined face for the ferrules to seat on the end of the feed lines also.
A bad thread on the adaptor will result in the compression nut not pulling up on the oil line ferrule and resulting leak.
mskala
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2016, 03:46 AM) *

longer line for early engines
http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/PELC...amp;SVSVSI=5863

Weltmeister used to sell a longer fitting to screw into the engine case,,I haven't seen it for sale for awhile though

Thanks Pelican didn't make it easy to search for this.
mskala
QUOTE(porschetub @ Mar 30 2016, 04:45 AM) *

sorry but fitting has poorly done OD threads,i suspect that's the issue you need a clean machined face for the ferrules to seat on the end of the feed lines also.
A bad thread on the adaptor will result in the compression nut not pulling up on the oil line ferrule and resulting leak.

Not that my threading is perfect, but I think that pic is deceiving, it doesn't look like
that in real life. Inside and face is smooth, and old nut was test fit. No problems yet.
The nut doesn't need high torque to seat the ferrule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.