Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing the front and rear valances
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
I took them off and can't remember exactly how the screws and washers go. I looked up all of the parts from a diagram and am getting all of the hardware together. With the speed nuts placed on the valances do the screws come through the car body pointed out to screw into the speed nuts? I noticed there are four washers on the front described as sealing washers. Are these the type that have a rubber gasket attached? From the diagram it looks like the first flat washer goes on the screw, then goes through the holes in the body with the sealing washer next then screws into the speed nut.

Thanks for the help!
Jsaum
McMark
Depends on what year your car is. I just did a bunch of research on this if you care about being correct. wink.gif

The four screws along the front of the car go from the inside of the car, out to the valence.
The four in the back go from outside the car, through the valence and into the body.
Sealing washers started in 1972, were the rubber backed washers, but were only used on the two screws in the front trunk.
76-914
I've got rubber washers on front & back valances. Also. I have nuts and bolts (not speed clips) maybe 4 or 5mm. The nuts are set in the undercoating so I think they are OEM.
McMark
Nope. The outer edge attachment (on the wheel opening) uses a bolt and nut. But the four on the front and the four on the back were all hex-head machine screws originally.
jsaum
Ok I think I got enough info thanks! I'm missing some of the rubber spacers that go on to the rockers, does anyone have a source for them other than AA?
TheCabinetmaker
I just cut a 8mm long piece of 7mm fuel line.
bandjoey
Rubber faucet washers. Ace hardware.
76-914
agree.gif Yep, 3/8"M is the perfect size. Use 2 per bolt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.