Free R&D, and some great marketing.
Is the owner paying you to do it too?

Rich
carr914
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 18 2016, 12:57 AM) *

Rich

I've got 2 Guys working on it. I'm too busy in the office, but I go back there a bunch during the day
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ May 18 2016, 06:15 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 18 2016, 12:57 AM) *

Rich

I've got 2 Guys working on it. I'm too busy in the office, but I go back there a bunch during the day

It's why this project might get done! rolleyes.gif a lot more done today - no pictures butt the CARR connection!

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 29 2016, 09:55 PM) *

FedEx broke my shifter mad.gif

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 29 2016, 11:18 PM) *

Oh noooooo! That sucks. I hope they take care of it.

Nope, they denied the Claim! hissyfit.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Apr 28 2016, 02:55 PM) *

Nice wheels!

If my chevelle handled like your camaro will I probably would have kept it. I hope to build one of these someday.

On the car!

Our redesign A-Arms, Front Lowering Coils & Rear Lowering Leafs (this will be coming off in the next few weeks)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Cairo94507
Great looking Camaro.
Larmo63
That looks awesome.
BIGKAT_83
Any updates??
carr914
Soon, very soon!
carr914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 7 2016, 11:38 AM) *

Any updates??

Yes Sir!

Front A-Arm design is done, all my Suspension pieces are made and everything went through PowderCoat today

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Also started tearing into the motor to do Updated Oil Pump, Cam, Headers, & Oil Pan - this will be done tomorrow

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Yanked the 307 out today! The LS3 would have gone in today if the company that made the Motor Mounts hadn't sent me 2 passenger sides headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cracker
Very nice TC...those engines work well in teeners too! aktion035.gif

T

carr914
The LS is in! smash.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
stuttgart46
Nice looking ride buddy.
carr914
QUOTE(stuttgart46 @ Aug 30 2016, 07:53 PM) *

Nice looking ride buddy.

Thanks Chad! How have you been?

I was originally hoping to take the Camaro to Watkins Glen this weekend, but we didn't really get started until last week. Now it will be done at this shop this week and then I will take it down to Carlos DeBonis's shop in Sarasota. I know Carlos is a Porsche Master Mechanic, but his HS car was a '73 Camaro. Plus, he's my friend and we will finish it up pretty quick.

My Trip to Watkins Glen is all FUBAR. I scheduled the AutoTrain up from Orlando to DC on Thursday, but I just learned it was cancelled due to Tropical Depression #9 or whatever the Fuch it is. So I'm thrashing to pack my Hondo up to drive up after work tomorrow! 2,600 Miles in 6 Days! driving.gif
stuttgart46
I'm doing good. Working at MSR Houston as an instructor on the weekends and occasionally during the week when my day job allows.

Let me know when you come over to COTA or any of these tracks in my area and I'll meet you. I miss hanging out with you buddy.
carr914
Out with the Old

Click to view attachment

In with the New!

Click to view attachment
carr914
The Torque Arm & Watts Link!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

carr914
Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Stance looks perfect.
Cairo94507
Wow - that is some serious hardware you have in that car. That is going to be a killer street car.
carr914
Thanks! The Radiator I bought wouldn't fit (and it was a work of Art!). Wiring Harness is a couple of weeks out, Gas Tank just got here, Driveshaft I will Order tomorrow.

I'm moving the car to my Porsche Master Mechanic friends shop - I have to wait about 10 days, as his Shop filled up with cars for the 1st PCA DE of the Fall
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
What would parts retail, ballpark, be for a f&r package like the one on your car.
carr914
For the Suspension, about 5 Grand
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 10 2016, 11:54 AM) *

For the Suspension, about 5 Grand

Not including the TruTrac RearEnd, Brakes, Motor, Motor Mounts Tranny, Trans Mount, Wiring Harness, Headers, Exhaust, Radiator, Steering Column, etc.

The Key to this Build is I bought a CA car cheap, Parts are Discounted/Free, all Labor to this point has been free. I'm under $20k and unless I paint it, I will be only in a couple more K. If I Paint it, I will still be under $25k

carr914
I got the Shaft!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cracker
Sweet.

Larmo63
This car and your cool mods just keep getting better and better.

That thing is bitchin.
carr914
What most people think is the tough stuff, I'm really only way 1/2 way through. I'm moving the Camaro tomorrow to my friend Carlos' shop in Sarasota. Carlos is a Master Porsche Mechanic that I have know for at least 25 years and many 1,000s of Michelob Ultras beerchug.gif . One of his 1st cars was a '73 Camaro, so he has been excited to put his touches on it. One of the best things he does (IMO) is electronics. The fact that I have a CustomBuilt Harness that has been run in on a Dyno, a Custom Electronic Dash that is stupid simple to plug in, so that should be easy.

Other Things we will do down there;
Install Radiator & Hoses
Install New Gas Tank & Lines
Install Pedals/Master Cylinders/Lines
Install Tilt Column w/ MOMO Prototypo
Custom Exhaust

it will come to my house where I will see to the Interior - I have Leather Corbeaus, Gauges & Dash are taken care of and I have in my head what I want the rest to be.

after that, it will might need paint work ( not full boat, I aint staying in Paint Prison no more, no more)
carr914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 25 2016, 07:52 PM) *

Very nice TC...those engines work well in teeners too! aktion035.gif

T

I may have a line on five LS3s with under 100 miles each, pretty cheap
Mike Bellis
When is it going to be for sale? You know you can't hang on to a car for more than a year... poke.gif
carr914
C'Mon Man! The Fact that I've had more cars than my age doesn't count!

I caught this from my Mom who was always getting a different New Car. She is also the one that named me Carr!

That said, I think there is serious $$$ to be made on this car
mbseto

That's gorgeous.
carr914
It's been a while since I updated this. I moved the car to my Buddy's Shop in Sarasota (about a hours drive each way, so I can't get down there a lot), then he moved into a new shop. Things are still getting organized in the shop. Then I broke my hand in November and then 2 weeks my buddy cut off two fingers his hand. sad.gif

But we've got the Subframe Connectors done

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
And the Exhaust is made & hung!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Justinp71

Looking Good!

Is there much of a difference from 70-73 Camaros? I found a nice 70 I like but should I hold out for a 72-73? I heard something about the later ones had stronger chassis?
carr914
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jan 26 2017, 03:07 PM) *

Looking Good!

Is there much of a difference from 70-73 Camaros? I found a nice 70 I like but should I hold out for a 72-73? I heard something about the later ones had stronger chassis?

If you can find a GOOD '70 get it as they were released very late in the Model Year, and most are considered '70 1/2.

The 2nd Gen's rear Frame Rail's are a weak point as is Rust just like a 914

The Early 2nd Gens are the cars to get - 74 on got heavier, smog-chocked, big rear window & T-tops
carr914
I got a sweet 10:1 Steering Box

IPB Image

IPB Image
carr914
The car had been hit on the drivers side at the back of the door. The Door & Quarter were replaced but didn't line up right and sometimes the door wouldn't shut.

Broke open some welds, took out a patch piece, beat things into place smash.gif , welded it back together and now the door works like butter!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Then a Party Broke out, the Band started Playing & the Beer Flowed! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
Man, that is one very cool Camaro coming together...

Well done!
Larmo63
TWO kegs and pretty girls?
carr914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 15 2017, 12:38 PM) *

TWO kegs and pretty girls?

Of course! and Burgers & Brats on the Grill too jsharp.gif
carr914
I went Nuts and totally Gutted the Interior!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.