Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Cluster Bushing Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Pulled the pedal cluster out of my project teener to rebuild and spruce up. I had some pieces powder coated, and I've got the brass bushings mostly in, but I am not 100% sure where this last little bushing goes (picture below). Does it go there where the arrow shows, in the clutch pedal arm? That's the only place that would seem to make sense, but I guess it would have to be held in by something on that end of the clutch cable, right?

I need to make sure I have this correct before I whale away at the pin on the other end of the clutch arm and "seal the deal."

Click to view attachment
Luke M
Yes, that's where it goes.
Clutch clevis holds it in place.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Luke M @ Mar 19 2016, 10:41 AM) *

Excellent. Danke, mein herr.
porschetub
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 20 2016, 03:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Mar 19 2016, 10:41 AM) *

Excellent. Danke, mein herr.

Hi Rob,my kit never came with that bush ?or did you buy it separately I wonder.
Nice job on the assembly mine looks the same,but when I fitted my hand throttle,removal of the pedals showed only some of the bushes were replaced,PO had kinda forgotten to do it completely dry.gif

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Looks like the hole in Rob's is ovaled. You might want to double-check the fit, and either epoxy the new bushing in place or build up the hole with weld and ream it to size.

Or just put the bushing in and forget about it; it'll probably last another 20 years and not everyone is OCD about it... smile.gif

--DD
bdstone914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 19 2016, 01:57 PM) *

Looks like the hole in Rob's is ovaled. You might want to double-check the fit, and either epoxy the new bushing in place or build up the hole with weld and ream it to size.

Or just put the bushing in and forget about it; it'll probably last another 20 years and not everyone is OCD about it... smile.gif

--DD

If the ovaling is not excessive you can build it up with JB Weld. It will crack the new bushing if you put it in a oval hole and do not fill the gap.

Bruce
BeatNavy
Bruce / Dave - so is that little bushing supposed to fit in their snugly, or does it slip in and stay in place with the clutch cable clevis? I don't think that hole is wildly out of round, I think it's more the angle of the picture. But the bushing does easily go through it all the way. If necessary I will go the JB Weld route.

Thanks, fellas.

Porschetub! That little bushing came with the brass bushing kit I bought, but I see that I have a little one in the "parts washer" from before. Sorry for the delayed response - been in the garage all day prepping a firewall for installation.
porschetub
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 20 2016, 11:48 AM) *

Bruce / Dave - so is that little bushing supposed to fit in their snugly, or does it slip in and stay in place with the clutch cable clevis? I don't think that hole is wildly out of round, I think it's more the angle of the picture. But the bushing does easily go through it all the way. If necessary I will go the JB Weld route.

Thanks, fellas.

Porschetub! That little bushing came with the brass bushing kit I bought, but I see that I have a little one in the "parts washer" from before. Sorry for the delayed response - been in the garage all day prepping a firewall for installation.

Ok thanks Rob sounds like someone has been there before,Bruce/Dave point out clearly the issue ,mines oval and the original clevis in mine had taken a beating for that reason,new one will suffer the same fate,plan is to remove assembly and sort it once and for all,will bore clutch shaft and press a steel bush in there or weld the hole closed and redrill.....job done eh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.