Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slotty008
Can somebody tell me if and where I can find new bezels for all my instruments? Also for my console.Click to view attachment
toolguy
why wouldn't you just mask off the glass to protect it, sand the bezel with very fine paper, say 600, and repaint them. .
I'd mask the glass before spraying and trim the inside with an Exacto blade, don't put the paint on too heavy or it will bleed under the masking tape. . best to use the blue painters tape for the best seal. Use satin finish black
tomrev
Even easier to take them apart, no masking, and sand and paint the bezels.
914forme
agree.gif Some where on here is a thread that shows you how to do that shades.gif

You'll get the idea by reading this post, bezel removal starts at post #17

It is not hard at all, go nice and slow easy as pie.

Or yes you can make them, depending on the year of your gauges the glass might not be glass buy plastic, and then masking them becomes a very hard process making sure you do not cut the plastic when cutting your mask. Cut to deep and you'll be taking the gauge apart anyway.
Elliot Cannon
Use a black sharpie pen. smile.gif
Valy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 19 2016, 12:31 PM) *

agree.gif
914Sixer
North Hollywood Speedometer has them.
slotty008
QUOTE(toolguy @ Mar 19 2016, 06:52 PM) *

why wouldn't you just mask off the glass to protect it, sand the bezel with very fine paper, say 600, and repaint them. .
I'd mask the glass before spraying and trim the inside with an Exacto blade, don't put the paint on too heavy or it will bleed under the masking tape. . best to use the blue painters tape for the best seal. Use satin finish black

Thx, I'm gonna try it out.
slotty008
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 19 2016, 08:31 PM) *

I tried it out, It looks good from far, but it looks far from good.
slotty008
QUOTE(tomrev @ Mar 19 2016, 07:03 PM) *

Even easier to take them apart, no masking, and sand and paint the bezels.

I already took apart the clock, because it didn't work. Prying off the bezel is a pain in the a.., and getting it back in place even more so. I found a company in Germany that has them, but maybe I'll just leave it to a professional to get the best result. After all ,the instruments is what you look at while driving.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(slotty008 @ Mar 20 2016, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 19 2016, 08:31 PM) *

I tried it out, It looks good from far, but it looks far from good.

You just described my car!! av-943.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(slotty008 @ Mar 21 2016, 08:10 AM) *

QUOTE(toolguy @ Mar 19 2016, 06:52 PM) *

Thx, I'm gonna try it out.

That reply was the best,don't overthink it really,leave the sharpie for marking postal items,just done my new metric speedo today and it came out really nice...as mentioned use light coats of paint,listen and read what toolguy said you will be safe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.