Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hole Water Exhaust Nozzle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matchpoint
Does anyone have any idea about a small nozzle located in the hell hole on the drivers side. My car is a 1976 - 914 and the hell hole is dry and in rust free condition. In checking he condition of the hell hole I noticed a small what looked to be water nozzle that is pressed in at the lower engine side edge of the hell hole. What is the purpose of the nozzle? Must be some kind of factory installed one way water nozzle/valve to make sure water goes out but not into the hell hole. I noticed the nozzle was missing from the passenger side hell hole as it must have fallen out over time as the hole diameter is enlarged due to rusting. Any idea the purpose of the nozzles? I have searched the PET's and can not find a Part Number or description of these nozzles.
colingreene
Sounds like the Previous owner pushed something into the hole.
dlee6204
It's a drain. The hell hole has to drain somehow.... Most of them got clogged up with debris early on causing water to sit thus rusting.
Chris914n6
There is/was a rubber drain valve like piece there. It often clogged causing water to puddle. The designers put a lot of effort into keeping the airflow top to bottom, thus a drain valve instead of just a hole.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.