Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tins under push rod tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

Should be putting in the new push rod tubes tomorrow and am planning to blast / refinish the tins that sit under them (or above depending on how you are looking).

Normally I would powder coat them but since these sit so close to the cylinders I am wondering if they get too hot. Maybe just engine enamel?

Thanks,

Mike
TheCabinetmaker
Not a powder coat guru, but I would think it would hold up much better than paint
euro911
Powder-coat or paint with 500° or higher paint and you'll be fine.
McMark
I powdercoat them.
Geezer914
Rust O leum grill paint good for 1200'.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 25 2016, 06:20 AM) *

agree.gif

Since these are not in a particular "showy" area, I'd go with this option. Unless you are building some sort of show car to win events. first.gif
Amphicar770
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Mar 25 2016, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Mar 25 2016, 06:20 AM) *

agree.gif

Since these are not in a particular "showy" area, I'd go with this option. Unless you are building some sort of show car to win events. first.gif

Too late. Already powder-coated them this morning. For smaller stuff I find that powdercoating is actually easier and faster than painting. Will see what happens and will let everyone know if it melts!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.