Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fi harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
have a quick qestion. was putting my harness back and was wondering - how could I tell if i was putting the mps/fi injectors/tps...etc....

is there a right/wrong side....
Mueller
you "should" be able to only install them one direction, but that is not always the case...for the injectors, does not matter, for the other devices, you have to match up the numbers on the connectors, they'll be there, just hard to read sometimes....
Bruce Allert
idea.gif Hmmmmm idea.gif

I wonder if that could be part of my problem. Some of the connectors are sharply cornered on one side and the opposite corners are rounded. Trying to see if the female connector is in the same configuration is sometimes quite hard. I'll try finding numbers & see if that works......

.........b
JeffBowlsby
For D-Jet cars all the harness connectors can be put in either way and it does not matter except:

ECU plug
TPS
TS1 (intake air temp)
Dizzy
The 4 pole plug onto the relay plate.

These exceptions have 'sexed' plugs and they can only be inserted the correct way.

biggrin.gif
Rhodes71/914
What about the MPS isn't it a one way only plug as well?
JeffBowlsby
Nope...the inner two are one coil, the outer two the other coil. If it fits, its right.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Mar 26 2005, 01:21 PM)
Nope...the inner two are one coil, the outer two the other coil. If it fits, its right.

Oh, cool.
wilchek
For the MPS, If you pull back the rubber boot you will see that the wires are number that match the number on the MPS. As least on my 73 2.0 they were. I was kind of surprised to see the wires marked. Does anyone else know if the wires in the rest of the car are marked at all with numbers.
jwalters
Yo nando--check your other tps--see if it is a fiver--ifn it is, switch em out and use your new fi stuff...that is if you have one--I thought you do--I got your messege, tried calling you a little while ago--J
martinef1963
Okay - now another question (or two): I bought a spare d-jet FI complete only to find out that the original FI harness is a 5-pole, but the spare that I wanted to switch w/ is only a 4-pole.

what is the difference and what will happen if I install the 4-pole into my current 5-pole TPS?

thanks,

another question - does anyone have a good 4-pole TPS for sale?

thanks again wacko.gif
bd1308
yup....ive got one. pm me. never opened, still in box. never used.
JeffBowlsby
what is the difference and what will happen if I install the 4-pole into my current 5-pole TPS?

Nothing, if you install it correctly. Both FI harnesses have only 4 wires for the TPS. The 5 pole variety only has 4 wires in it if you will look (1 cavity is empty). The trick is to get the 4 pole plug in the 5 pole TPS correctly and there are only 2 ways that can work. One of them will be correct. The 5 pole TPS has the wire numbers on it too so you can match them up that way with the wire numbers on the harness.

Or bestter yet...just use the 4 pole TPS...like he said.. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.