Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Tailshift Transaxle and linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
quadracerx
As the title implies I would like to purchase a tailshift transaxle and linkage with shifter...

Prefer someone in PNW (Seattle Tacoma area) I can come pick it up...

Thanks,

Steve
cary
Really .....
I have one on the shelf if someone from the Emerald city doesn't chime in.
Blue6
Just removed one last week, unknown condition. $50. Don't know what shipping would be from SoCal.
quadracerx
Has anyone got a picture of the linkage for the tailshift transaxle?

And what do I need to change to go from side shift to tailshift?

Will the Renegade SBC Engine mount interfere with the tailshift linkage?

Thanks,

Steve
bdstone914
What year is the car? Why are you doing it? Side shift is a better trans.
quadracerx
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 28 2016, 05:56 AM) *

What year is the car? Why are you doing it? Side shift is a better trans.

Shift Console interference issues with the side shift trans for the rear suspension I am using...

Im hoping the tailshift will clear, since this car is a V8 I am also wondering about the engine mount bar clearance...

Thanks,

Steve Wong
forrestkhaag
shipping from east to west coast was 90 bucks three days ago.. fyi

beerchug.gif
quadracerx
QUOTE(cary @ Mar 28 2016, 08:22 AM) *

The drawing helped. But I need a picture of it installed in a car so I can see how low the linkage hangs and a few other things...

So if anyone has photos that would be great!!

Thanks again...

Steve
914werke
bye1.gif
rhodyguy
Steve, not sure how you're going to reverse engineer the firewall bushing. Have you considered that yet? A later chassis will not have the provision for the mid rod pivot stem and ball bushing.
quadracerx
To be honest I thought I could handle it two ways... Cut the needed pieces off a doner car OR someone told me there is a better aftermarket bushing?

I haven't been able to locate a aftermarket bushing so far though, I haven't had much time to look...

Still trying to locate a tailshift gearbox too...

Thanks for checking in...

Steve
quadracerx
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 31 2016, 07:38 AM) *

Steve, not sure how you're going to reverse engineer the firewall bushing. Have you considered that yet? A later chassis will not have the provision for the mid rod pivot stem and ball bushing.

Wish I had a picture of what that looks like....
cary
Steve I'm trying to get the transmission back.
I hope have it back on Sunday. When I have it back in my possession I'll PM you.
rhodyguy
Is there a Subaru trans that could work? Figure out how to cable shift shift your car.
forrestkhaag
pm sent icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.