Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First 914 & 2nd Porsche In a Month!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
TM_Corey
Another
TM_Corey
Another
TM_Corey
Another another
TM_Corey
Last one for now
TM_Corey
Some Updates!

TM_Corey
All four calipers rebuilt.
TM_Corey
Hell hole repairs!
TM_Corey
Before
TM_Corey
After:
billh1963
Very nice! When will you be back on the road?
TM_Corey
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 28 2016, 02:26 PM) *

Very nice! When will you be back on the road?

I've given him a springish request for completion. Which doesn't rush him and gets me free winter storage.
Claus Graf
Great job so far!

Another 914 saved!
TM_Corey
After a long holiday season and a shop reorganization my car progress has started back up. Front and rear bumpers off with no terrible surprises!
TM_Corey
And
TM_Corey
It looks so lonely....
jmitro
nice work. you're moving along pretty fast.

any close ups of the hell hole work? Was it repaired with templates or all custom-cut metal?
TM_Corey
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 3 2017, 01:24 PM) *

nice work. you're moving along pretty fast.

any close ups of the hell hole work? Was it repaired with templates or all custom-cut metal?

Thanks!!! But, I can't take any credit for the work.

Unfortunately I was steered towards the college prep type classes and my father died when I was pretty young, so I didn't really have anyone to teach me mechanical/bodywork skills.

The guys at ifab (Indianapolis Fabrications) are doing good work though.

All the metal work was custom cut and bent. I will go back in the photos and try and show a before and after of the hell hole and battery tray.
TM_Corey
QUOTE(jmitro @ Jan 3 2017, 01:24 PM) *
n Any close ups of the hell hole work?

IPB Image
TM_Corey
IPB Image
TM_Corey
I lost a bunch of photos of my phone. Those are the only ones I still have.

Luckily I printed 4x6 copies out for a book before my phone went 10-0 and I lost everything. More pics on post #57 of this thread.
Heeltoe914
Very nice find Congrats. Good job on the work your doing.
TM_Corey
Motors back in and fuel system is almost back to together. CV joints rebuilt and new boots.
TM_Corey
More motor
TM_Corey
New aftermarket fuel pump and hand made stainless fuel steel lines.
TM_Corey
Fuel tank was pulled, cleaned, painted, sealed and resinstalled.
TM_Corey
Getting Close!!
TM_Corey
First coat of primer (epoxy) on the car, doors, frunk and trunk....
TM_Corey
Front view
TM_Corey
Doors and lids
Madswede
Looking good! shades.gif
TM_Corey
Spray on body filler over the epoxy primer and sand, sand, sand.....
TM_Corey
Some more of spray on body filler
TM_Corey
"Blue" is blue again!
Minerva's 914
Awesome story. I am reliving the joy of restoration reading your posts and thank you for the pictures. My wife's 1973 Alaska Blue 2.0L restoration can be seen here

TM_Corey
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Apr 1 2017, 06:02 AM) *

Awesome story. I am reliving the joy of restoration reading your posts and thank you for the pictures. My wife's 1973 Alaska Blue 2.0L restoration can be seen here

That's an awesome story. Not sure how I missed that thread!

I plan to surprise the original owner of this one with a fun drive this summer.
TM_Corey
Paint and clear is done! Reassembling starts today.

Soon to be test driven after 31 years so I can get the bugs worked out before Hershey.
Mike Fitton
Nice project. I just sold my Alaska Blue '74 2.0 two years ago after buying a tangerine '70 914-6. Also my '71 Targa is a Kline Osborne delivered car. I am thinking of driving my 6 out to Hershey, took it to Okteenerfest last October drove 11 hours each way straight through.
aggiezig
Man, you are moving quick and that blue looks sharp. Keep up the updates, gives me inspiration to keep pushing on mine!
TM_Corey
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Apr 4 2017, 07:15 PM) *

Nice project. I just sold my Alaska Blue '74 2.0 two years ago after buying a tangerine '70 914-6. Also my '71 Targa is a Kline Osborne delivered car. I am thinking of driving my 6 out to Hershey, took it to Okteenerfest last October drove 11 hours each way straight through.

Yep, we met at Okteenerfest. smile.gif

I was in the non-teener 2010 C2S with my wife. We are going to Hershey with the kids in both the 2.0 and the C2S
TM_Corey
One step closer to a Hershey unveiling. smile.gif
TM_Corey
More progress.
TM_Corey
Outside rocker panels done and installed, positive side stripe mocked up and then installed.

Waiting on replacement injectors and then time to fire it up!!
TM_Corey
SHE RUNS!!! piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
Shadowfax
Awesome! blue914.jpg
LowBridge
congrats... well done and now enjoy it
TM_Corey
First 500 miles have been awesome. Working a couple bugs out, like a main targa seal that wants to come off every time I take the top off and a head light that wants to be droopy.

Lots of little cosmetic things to work on like painting the wiper blades, cleaning 30 years of dust out of the frunk, regluing frunk carpet, painting the muffler ect.

Overall I FREAKING love this car.
TM_Corey
smile.gif
TM_Corey
More
Freezin 914
Looks awesome! Keep up the good work. Always love to see a 914 getting some love!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.