Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DOH! Check your tranny mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
first gear and reverse likes to pop out of gear, went to adust the clutch cable as it was pretty far off. Just as I am getting ready to come out from under the car, what's this?? missing bolt on the transmission mount. Good thing I caught that, it was hanging down 1/2 at the front. Might as well check others. ALL 3 other bolts were hand tight. Whew! that could have been a little scary dragging ass all over town.

But things be as they may, I glance up towards the front wheels and I see brake fluid on the tire. Looks like I stripped out the hardline off the caliper to the flex line. Good thing I caught that too...
blk'72
Damn... I think i should check also...how do you do it, where do youlook for that?do you need to jack up the car?
Good thing you caught it!
R.
TravisNeff
Yep, jack up the rear and secure with jackstands. You will see the ears of the transmission just ahead of your muffler. 1 big assed bolt secures the trans mount to the transmission, 2 13mm bolts secure the mount to the body. While you are under there give everything the once over!
Rhodes71/914
I don't feel right if I don't have my car on jack stands at least a couple of times a week.

Always pays to check things over once in a while with 30+ year old cars. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
sometimes I just lay under my car and look for something that "doesn't look right" I've fixed a lot of little things like that!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.